Thursday, August 2, 2007

It's Time to Blog

OK, when KEVIN comments on my blog, I know it's time for a post. He never comments!

Truth be told, there's not much to say. Well, there is, but believe me, you don't want to hear it! I have a lot of drama going on, and I am trying my best to hold on to my sanity, let alone my weight loss/fitness goals. The good news is that I am not far off track. Meaning, no weight gain. Yay! I am taking a couple of scheduled weeks off from the gym, and on August 19 I am going to start training for my 10K, which will be 8 weeks of 6 days/week at the gym. So, this week no weights, only cardio, and next week, nothing. That will be hard for me! But I am sure that my body needs a break, because since September, I really haven't taken one. Breaks are not my strong suit.

I actually threw away a lemon cookie yesterday! I bought it yesterday afternoon, but I filled up on chicken & veggies and didn't have room for it. Later that evening (can we say dessert time) I still resisted it, and ultimately threw it in the trash! Sometimes I think I just buy stuff to show that I'm a grown-ass woman that can eat what I want... even if I decide not to eat it. Well, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

7 comments:

Kristen said...

Ok. I didn't want to call you out quite yet, but it was SIX days ago. You don't know how excited I was to see you in my Reader. But...get this...my stupid OCD-like issues forced me to go in alphabetical order on my list, and it took a while to get to the R's :( Oh, the anticipation.

Anyways, back to you...

I hope everything turns out ok for ya. Glad to hear that you're handling it well in your diet.

There's something that feels so good about the control that comes with throwing food away. Grown-ass woman :) Love it.

Ripx180 said...

I liked the grown ass women comment too :) made me smile. Wonder if i could work the grown ass man comment :). Good to see you blogging again it did seem like quite the hiatus for you. I do look at all the FAT members pages pretty much daily.

Rob Tucker said...

Daily, eh?

I literally check every one of your pages probably 8-10 times a day, not exaggerating.

I'm addicted to FAT, what can I say?

And Rebecca - if you're not working out, that means your eating is even that more important. Make sure you stick to it - regaining your territory really sucks.

Anonymous said...

10K? Who's the beast now?? :) Good luck with your training. That week off is going to be tough, but you're completely right...you're body needs the rest.

I also loved the "grown-ass woman" comment.

Rebecca said...

Lol... Kristen, you have ADD and OCD? My my my... we love you anyway. ;)

Ummm... Rob - 8-10 times/day? Whoa! You need to teach a time management seminar, cuz I don't understand how you manage to work, go to school, be married, exercise, breathe, and check blogs 8-10 times/day.

Beck... yeah, I'm running a 10K but... not at 11.0!!!! You are still a beast. :)

Marcol said...

Im remembering that in your previous post you stated stress contributed to your weight gain, so its good to see that in spite of the stress youre holding down your weight. You deserve props for that!

Time off is good. Your body will thank you in more ways than one. When I see all that you do - The 300 Workout, get up at the crack of dawn to workout, throw away lemon cookies and now preping for a 10k I can only think youre one hell of a woman! Im not really sure what the beast comment stands for but youre definitely a trooper on a mission - no doubt. Can't wait to hear your 10k time :)

Unknown said...

Good for you throwing away that cookie! Always feels good to do something like that!