Monday, August 13, 2007

It's Official...

I lost weight. You know how you know it, but don't at the same time? But sometimes things happen, and they make you say 'wow. i really have lost weight'. I have a few of those moments to share. Unlike Billy, I'm not sick of the compliments yet. Of course, also unlike Billy, I haven't reached my goal yet... Anyway, a few compliments I got this weekend:

'You're so thin' - from a friend who I haven't seen in about a month.
'Rebecca is one of the most driven people I know' - from my friend to her pastor, about me
'You look great. Where did you go?' - from her mom [my answer: i'm still right here, and I have belly fat to prove it]
'You're losing weight. You look good girl' - from the grandmother of the cutie I take care of

I bought a few shirts from Old Navy. Last year I had to buy my tank tops for a spring vacation in Large, and they still didn't hide my belly. Now I can comfortably wear a medium. The capris that I bought in the beginning of the summer are now hanging. Size 12. I can look down, into my waistband, and see the floor. Won't be able to wear those next summer!

On another note, today was a fine day in terms of my diet. Of course, there was roasted pistachio toffee at one of the houses I work at (it's yummy) but it barely registered on my radar. But I ate too much meat at lunch, and it kind of threw my stomach off. That, coupled with last night's pizza, will make an interesting weigh-in tomorrow morning... Remember when I said life is better when you poop? Well... life is not so good for me today. :) Pizza sometimes does that to me. But it was good!

I decided to skip my run this morning, in light of my upcoming 10K prep and back to school schedule which will have me up early almost every morning. So while I can sleep in a bit, I should take advantage of it, I think. So I did. I will be at the gym the rest of the week. My cat didn't agree with my decision, and cried like a banchee this morning, but whatever. At least I was lying down. Which I am about to do now. Night!

2 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

Nothing tells the story like getting smaller clothes. VERY cool!

Comments don't hurt either ;)

billy said...

Awesome! That's the best feeling!!