Monday, August 20, 2007

Short & Sweet (like me....)

It's past my bedtime, so I'll keep this short & sweet. I was up this morning @ 6:00, and although I spent a few extra minutes looking for a hair clip, I was out of the house by 6:20 or so. I ran 3 miles, with my heartrate pretty consistently up in the 'beep' range of my HR monitor (80%). As I said yesterday, I was concerned about my stamina, since my cardio has been HIIT, not steady-state. But it was easier than I expected. When I finished, I felt like I could have kept running. My time for the 3 miles was 34:00, which is a good baseline time for me to know. So I was proud of myself for completing my run without wanting to collapse, and then to top it all off I put on an old pair of size 10 Old Navy jeans, and they actually fit with room to spare. Woo hoo! I haven't been able to wear those jeans for about 2 years, so I started off today feeling pretty good.

6 comments:

CCP said...

Wohoo! It always feels so good to pull on those skinny jeans. Great job!

Marcol said...

You outta feel damn good with a morning like that? How many people can say by 630am they already have 3 miles under their belts? Youre to be admired for sure. And ummm sounds like youre back into your "skinny clothes" You better do it! Everything youve done is paying off. That must make you feel proud.

Short & sweet? What a combination :)

Rob Tucker said...

Nice.. 34 minutes for a 3 mile run. A 5k is 3.1 miles. Go find a 5k in your area and let us know how it works. Having the 'competition' around you is a ton of fun.

Anonymous said...

congrats on the size downgrade! first time i put on a size 6, i wanted to high five the lady at the clothing store. nice memories...

Tea said...

WOW! This is a good week for you! Doesn't it feel great getting out there before anyone else?

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the size 10...and room to spare!!! That HAD to be a good feeling! :)

And nice job on the run, too.