Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Hey Shorty!

I made a decision that Monday August 6 was going to be a restart date for me. Clean eating for the whole week - no treats, no cheats, no starch. Except for a low carb tortilla today, I have remained true to my decision. Today, however, I was tempted. Of course, I haven't visited Rosie's Bakery all week. But the one day the kids want smoothies happens to be the day that they are displaying the 'chocolate chip shorty'. Yum. Man oh man, I thought 'well, they don't have it that often. it won't hurt me that much'. But I resisted. (are you so proud of me, that i did that?) :)

The scale has been rewarding me for my good behavior so far this week, which of course motivates me to keep it up. My dad used to always tell me that success begets success. I may not say this often, but he was right. The fact that every day this week my weight has dropped has kept me on the straight & narrrow, so to speak. I want to be able to get to Friday and know that I did everything in my power to get the results. Sadly though, I am just now getting to my lowest weight so far. I mean, better late than never (but better still, never late). I would love to get to Setember 12 (my one-year weight loss anniversary), and have lost 50 lbs, but I don't know if that will happen. Furthermore, what I have been doing this week has worked for me all the time - high protein, low carb, very little, if any, sweets during the week. I don't know how I got away from that in the first place. Well, yes, I do - one 'it'll be ok' at a time. It's a slippery slope. I am definitely a firm believer in moderation, and I know that being the rebellious woman that I am, I need to have the flexibility to eat what I want. But, I also need firm guidelines, because when I stick with them, I win (lose). So, hopefully I will keep that in mind as this part of my journey comes to a close over the next few months.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

High protein / low carb works every time. I have also gotten away from this, and I haven't seen the results that I've wanted.

BTW...there's nothing sad about you just reaching your lowest weight now. Constant improvement is a good thing.

Ripx180 said...

ditto on the High protein / low carb working. I need to get back to that but its so tuff. I mean we eat mostly healthy carbs when we do (whole wheat everything or brown rice etc). But like Kristen said I am not seeing the results I would like so maybe its time.

Rob Tucker said...

The scale has been rewarding me for my good behavior so far this week, which of course motivates me to keep it up.

Remember.. weight loss is the best motivator for weight loss.

Once you get on a roll, it gets MUCH easier. Just keep going, you're doing great!

Nancy said...

Keep it up!! Sounds like you are on the right track. I've been cheating entirely too much so I'm going to use this as motivation. Thanks!