Sunday, August 12, 2007

Back to the Grind

Last week I decided to change my 'diet' plan, following a strict low-carb/high protein plan Monday - Friday, and being more lenient on the weekends. As you well know, this produces a high Monday morning weigh-in, but it usually ends up in weight loss by the end of the week. I know, this isn't for everybody, but it seems to work for me. Last week, I lost 2 pounds, and I'm shooting for that much this week. I know that my body has a mind of its own, but I'm going to give it every reason to lose 2 pounds. If it decides to shed some more, I won't complain. If less, I'll only complain a little bit, but I will at least be able to say 'I did my part'. So, what did I do last week:
1) I ate every 2-3 hours
2) I ate no carbs, except for veggies/fruit and a low-carb tortilla
3) I drank at least 10 cups of water/day
4) I ate no more than 1700 calories
5) I ate at least 5 servings of fruits & veggies every day except for one


I plan to do the same this week. The difference will be that I will be exercising pretty much every day, and on Tuesday & Thursday, when I lift weights, I will allow myself a 3-hour carb window. This carb window will not be a license to eat junk, however. In prep for my increased running, it will just give me the carbs I need to replenish my body.

I just wanted to put that out there for the record. Tomorrow morning I'm up at 6:30 for an early morning HIIT jog session. Nothing like a good morning jaunt to get the blood pumping. Literally. So I'm off to bed. Here's to a good weight loss week for everybody.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

The more I read the blog, the more impressed I am by you. I hope one day to have figured out what works best for me, like you have.

Rob Tucker said...

I like your approach - it's realistic, and something you've accepted. Too many times we try to force issues on ourselves. Good for you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comments! And your workout regimen sounds good. You have to tailor that stuff so it works your way. Good luck.