Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Week Ahead

I have kind of a big week coming up. This is my last week at a job that I have been at for nearly 5 years. Although I am leaving for a good reason (getting my Master's Degree), it's bittersweet. The family that I work for has been very good to me, and I love the kids that I take care of, and their parents.

I am also starting my 10K program tomorrow, so I will be up every day around 6, running. Tomorrow is my first 3 mile run in a long time, so I'm a bit nervous. I've been doing HIIT, which I know is actually more challenging than steady-state, but still...

I'm actually still sore from my workout yesterday, which will make tomorrow even more fun. But I'm sure I can handle it, and I will feel accomplished when I'm finished. Of course, tomorrow is also my 'back to the grind' day. This week I will have a carb meal pretty much every day, right after my workout. We'll see how, if at all, this affects my weight. But for now, I'm off to enjoy my last Sunday hoorah, and then off to bed. Have a good week!

3 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

Have a good one, looks like you've got a great one on your hands!

Tea said...

Congrats! You are heading into exciting new territory. good luck and enjoy every minute of it!

Kristen said...

They must be so sad to see you go :(

Good luck with all of your upcoming challenges.