Monday, August 6, 2007

Are You So Proud of Me?

Well, I'm proud of myself today. I resisted scones, dark chocolate covered caramels, and a host of other carby treats. It's one thing when you are in an environment that you control. It's a whole nother thing to spend the majority of your day in an uncontrolled environment, as we all know. Especially someone else's house. But I made a decision that I would not eat starchy carbs this week, and that is what I did. Sometimes it's hard to do so after coming off of a couple of loose days, but I was determined.

I have been doing some research, because I do not want to gain weight when I start training for this 10K. My nature is to be a bit impulsive sometimes, but I feel like it's important that I be as prepared as possible in this situation, because I don't want a lack of knowledge to result in unnecessary failure. Actually, losing weight has really helped me to understand the importance of proper planning. I mean, already I like to plan - I buy calendars in advance, I write everything down, plan out my days hour by hour. I already have a written plan for the first month of school - when I go to the gym, etc, leading up to the race. It makes me feel a bit more in control. But when it comes to losing weight, it's more than just a personality trait - it's absolutely essential. As someone I know said 'when you fail to plan, you plan to fail.' Amen!

PS - I take care of a very funny 4 year old, and one day she did a trick on the monkey bars and said 'are you so proud of me, that i did that?' it was funny - hence the title of this blog. :)

6 comments:

Kristen said...

I am so proud of you :)

I wish I could be as organized as you, but organization and lists and calendars stress me out. ha.

Melissa said...

Wow your organization skills are quite impressive. I wish I could do that!

And yes we are proud of you. I can only imagine how hard that was!

Ripx180 said...

I bet you will actually loose weight when you start training for your 10k (as long as your diet doesn't go crazy). Nothing like running to trim the fat. Or at least I have always been very successful when using running. Sounds like I need some of your organizational/planning skills.

You got to love little kids and the things they say. :)

Rob Tucker said...

I'm so very proud of you too! =)

Good decisions equal success. You're well on your way!

CCP said...

You're incredibly organized & on the ball! You're going to meet your goals in no time!

Marcol said...

OF COURSE!!!! So very proud :) !!!

It takes lots of determination to overcome the things you REALLY like. But as we know, determined you are :)

Youve prepared and planned for next month. How about Ive not even planned ummmm TOMORROW. BIG things youre doing - but as always youre getting it done!

pre-schoolers say and do the darnest things. Im sure youre always laughing when youre with them.