Thursday, August 16, 2007

Live & Learn...

I'm in one of those weird phases of weight loss. Nothing fits anymore. So even though I've lost weight, when I look in the mirror, I don't see it because I'm wearing the clothes that I wore when I was bigger. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for the fact that my clothes are too big. Very grateful. But I don't like the fact that I don't look good in my clothes because they're too big.

My weight has not been going down like it did last week. I'm doing everything I did last week, diet wise. The only difference is that I have worked out (two weight training sessions plus cardio and 1 HIIT only session), and had a carb meal (turkey sandwich and wrap) immediately after my workout. I said (prophetic?) that all I could do is my part - eat right, exercise, etc., and how my body decides to lose weight is up to it. OK, but my weigh-in day is tomorrow, and I will analyze the hell out of what my body decided to do and do my part to change it. But it's funny - I was so excited about my weight loss this week, and it motivated me to repeat my strict Monday - Friday eating. How will it affect me if I didn't lose any weight this week? Will I be motivated to continue to avoid the sweets that tempt me every day? Well, I better be. One bad week certainly doth not a weight loss journey make. I know well enough to know that you have to do the right thing for a while, whether or not it seems to be working. But I will definitely learn from this week one way or another.

5 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

Just remember that everything takes time. The easiest parts of our weight loss journies are when the pounds are falling off.

You're in a hard part - but that doesn't mean you are doing anything less. Maybe change a few small things up? Different workout? Different eating (one day higher cal, one day lower than usual?) - or just keep pumping away.

It'll come off - it just never does on OUR schedule. You're doing everything right as of now. Don't change that.

Tea said...

You are doing great! Two things to remember: Muscle does weigh more, and even though the scale might not reflect a loss, you probably have lost. The number on the scale will catch up.

Second: Do not forget the impact hormones play. I have been tracking my weight for years. When I look at the charts, it looks like a mountain range. Days 1-7, I'm normal, days 8-14, I start gaining, 15-21, gain alot. Only to lose it all in days 1-7 again.

If you can chart you weight, you'll begin to see those types of patterns.

KEEP IT UP! Eye of the tiger, eye of the tiger!

Marcol said...

I agree 100% with Tea.

Your plan of tracking and doing the right thing in the eating and training department can only do one thing - bring weight loss. As long as you remain focused and dont relent your BODY will have to give up the FAT fight...

Tell that body fat "you don't own me, back up off of me..." roflol

Youre doing great and Im sure youre looking it too! ;)

Rebecca said...

Hmmmm... that's interesting. I definitely keep track of my weight, and have been pretty much since the beginning, but I have never really tried to see a monthly pattern, I usually look week by week. Thanks!

Marcol - ROFLOL...

Kristen said...

I notice the same monthly fluctuations (TOM hangs around for 2 weeks for me - week before and week of). I hate that I only seem to have 2 decent weeks a month :(