Sunday, August 5, 2007

Hiatus

I have been on a bit of an unspoken hiatus. Nothing crazy, just a little loose. Sort of the mediocrity Rob blogged about the other day. But it had an end. Today. I am in the process of reconfiguring my plan anyway - changing my weigh-in day, which affects my 'cheat' days, and then next week starting a different work out regimen. The training program for the 10K is 8 weeks long, and it involves 4 days of running, beginning with 2.5 miles/workout, and ending with close to 6. For some reason I have wanted to run a marathon for years. It's one of those weird things that I don't know the origin of. I may never run a marathon, but hopefully I will be able to end 2007 with a 5K and 10K under my belt. But this race will be my first, and even though I am also doing a PN challenge which focuses on changing body composition, I am determined to train for it. I think I need the challenge, plus I feel like there is a runner somewhere inside of me. I don't care what my time is, I just want to run the whole 6.2 miles. Truth be told, I'm a bit intimidated, because the workout schedule will require me to work out 6 days/week, and most of those days, because of my school/work/internship schedule, I will have to be up around 5:30/6:00 am most days of the week, at least for the first month of school. Big fun!

So tomorrow is back on the saddle. My Internet has not been working, and it has impacted my calorie counting & blogging. But it's fixed now, and that's what matters - no excuses! Back to inputting my calories every day, eating 'clean' (no starchy carbs this week, lots of protein, fruits & veggies), blogging, and hopefully losing some weight! No cookies....

4 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

I will have to be up around 5:30/6:00 am most days of the week, at least for the first month of school.

Don't be intimidated by this, this is exactly what I do every day. The trick is to get your sleep - you need it, or your workout will be wasted anyway.

If you stick to it, you win. It's that simple. Now, go get it.

Anonymous said...

You're inspiring me to do a 10K. I'm going to do a 5K in a month (which I really need to start endurance training for), but it's only a start. Know of any good charity 10Ks? :)

Anyway, you're an inspiration. Keep focusing and you'll be able to finish this training and finish the 10K.

CCP said...

Good for you! That is so exciting! You'll do fantastic!

It takes some time to get used to getting up early but it only takes 21 days to form a habit. 21 days of getting up early and you'll be hooked.

Rob, has it right. Make sure to get plenty of rest. Go to sleep earlier than normal. Being that you'll be working harder, you're body will need more time to recover. Most athletes require at least a solid 8 hours of sleep.

Marcol said...

Ahhhh Rebecca is on the search for that inner athlete, cool :) Like Beck said youre an inspiration - you set lofty goals and then go at em and make them happen. Thats sweet! You have a determination thats rare and it will be what helps you see these challenges to their end. Dont be intimidated by 6 days, Im sure if you think through your life youll find you tackled bigger and tougher things and won! This will be no different. Just think, youve lost how many pounds now? Youve crushed intimidation then and youll do it again.

Cheering you on every step of the way!!!!