Thursday, August 23, 2007

Do I Have To?

Today was one of those days when I did not want to get up. The alarm went off, and instead of jumping up as I've been doing this week, I lay there and wondered if it was absolutely necessary for me to work out this morning, what if I did it tonight instead, maybe I can just skip it altogether. Although I did get up a bit later than I had planned, I did make my way to the gym for a 30:00 cardio workout. I hit the stairclimber for the first time in a while, and it was interesting. I almost forgot how challenging that machine is. It was nice though - nothing like a good morning sweat!

Tomorrow is my weigh-in day. We'll see what the morning holds, but my weight just hasn't dropped this week like it did two weeks ago. Either that was a fluke, never to happen again, or something I am doing is preventing my body from letting go of the weight like it wants to. Or like I want it to. I know that I have exercised for the past 2 weeks, as opposed to the previous one, and I have eaten carbs immediately following my workout. Next week I am going to try giving up the carbs, and see what happens. If I lose at the same rate, I know the other week was pretty much a fluke.

Tooting my own horn: I went to Bertucci's today and faced down their rolls. I won. I ate a chopped salad with chicken. It was pretty good! Yesterday I had to face my almost former employer's homemade blueberry crumb cake. Again... I won. Tomorrow - 6:00 wake-up call, a 2-mile run & total body weight routine, then off for a full day of work. My last at one of my jobs. Nevertheless... TGIalmostF!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the face downs. Those are tough but when you walk away it gives a pretty good feeling of being in control.

CCP said...

Way to stay strong and beat the diet pitfalls!

As far as loosing weight, sometimes we plateu for a little bit before we start loosing more. Try upping the intensity just a touch and I bet it'll kick start the weightloss again.

Or you may be loosing fat and gaining muscle (most likely), which would explain no "loosing" weights. I find going by measurments (waist, hip, bust, arm, etc...) is more accurate. Muscle weighs more which is why those BMI tests aren't always accurate.

Rob Tucker said...

Those are some big wins there - they'll payoff where it matters the most. The scale.

Nice work!

Tea said...

Now that's inner strength x2! first getting up when you didn't want to and second, beating the buns!

Marcol said...

Passing up Bertucci's bread??? WOW...thats next level because each time I go I havent managed going without it - good for you!

Oh and your discipline is also next level. If it had been me, I probably would have stayed in bed and never made it out. So bigs up for sticking with it and getting it done - this is why I admire you and aspire to your level of greatness! ;)