Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Wow

Today was a weight training day. The workout that I have been doing (from the New Rules of Lifting) is an ass-kicker. At least for me. Lots of compound movements - snatch-grip deadlift, T-push ups (yuck), and split squat with overhead press, to name a few. I'm still somewhat in the process of modifying to fit my 10K goals, but it's a tough workout regardless.

Since I'm starting school next week, I figured I'd buy myself a couple of new clothing items. I've been thinking a lot about my 'style', which, I think, took a hit when I gained weight. It became harder to feel 'cute', and I wore a lot of stuff that kind of hid my weight gain and was comfortable. Now that I have lost 40 lbs, and I'm getting ready to undergo a major change in my life, I want to start dressing better. Anyway, I tried on a cute jean skirt (size 10), and it was too big! I couldn't even believe it - I needed a size 8. My first size 8 of this weight loss journey. With 20 more pounds to lose, it makes me wonder what size I will end up at. Although I am more concerned about how I look in my clothes than what size they are, wearing a size 8 felt really good. This time last year I was firmly in a 16. I've come a long way!

5 comments:

Marcol said...

You sure have come a long way - 16 to an 8! Yet again, thats what Im talking about! NROL, is an ass-kicker. I know from the part that I did and what Ive heard from others. It takes a real serious person to do anything by Alywn Cosgrove. People say when it comes to his training plans he's truly evil. What do you think? :)

Tea said...

Once you get your new clothes, you need to post a catwalk video!

Well, maybe just a before and after....

CCP said...

Congratulations! You've been working so hard and have come such a long way:)

Melissa said...

Congrats on the size 8! Makes shopping so much more fun eh?

Rebecca said...

Marcol - Alwyn Cosgrove is NO JOKE! I have done 2 plans that he has put together, and they are definitely challenging. But it's a good challenge though.