Friday, July 27, 2007

TGIF

I made it to the gym this morning, with the help of 2 alarms. Of course, it helped that I didn't sleep well, so I was already half-awake. Leaving that aside, I did my 300 workout today. I decreased the assistance on my chin-ups to 80 lbs (from 90 lbs), did 30 deadlifts with 110 lbs and 20 with 90 lbs; did 50 box jumps nonstop, and 25 floor wipers. Let me pause here and say that floor wipers are NO JOKE. My legs felt like rubber, and my abs were on fire. After that I did 25 sit-ups. The workout also includes 50 push-ups, and 50 dumbbell clean & press. Great way to start my morning! I also found out that the lemon cookie that I love so much is 310 calories, with 44 g carbs & 9 grams of fat - all saturated. The funny thing is that now that I know exactly what it consists of, it will be harder for me to just kind of chalk it up as a treat. I must enter it into my food log, and it will affect my macros and calories every time I eat it. Hopefully, that will be a deterrent. One more day until the July challenge is over - tomorrow I must be a good girl and refrain from all things resembling treats so that I can have the minimum weigh-in possible. Up at 7:30 tomorrow for a cardio workout. Off to bed now!

6 comments:

Marcol said...

I dont really use this term but for the sake of getting across my thoughts I will, ummm youre a beast Rebecca! That workout sounds like one from hell. I feel you on the floor wipers - ass kicker's well ab kickers literally lol.

Knowing the inner workings of your cookie treat seems like youll work for it now - GI Joe- knowing is a half the battle.

BIG UPS on your early morning rising to workout. Amazing, seriously!

Ripx180 said...

ditto on what Marcol said.... your workout does sound hard core. I think I have said that before but I say it again.....

I am a cookie holic too. Probably one of my bigger weaknesses. my sister made a big batch of these molasses cookies and I ate a few this last weekend with a big cup of coffee. Luckily I don't keep any of that sort of thing around the house to throw me off track.

Rob Tucker said...

Want to get into the August challenge? Sign up here:

http://icanseemytoes.blogspot.com/2007/07/august-challenge-sign-up.html

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you'll be looking like Serena sooner than you think. I admire your dedication! And despite all the fat, lemon cookies are good stuff...in moderation, I suppose. :)

Lacy said...

Every day this week I've tried to wake up early to work out, and I just can't do it... I envy you!

Isn't it funny how knowing the nutrition info of food can change your outlook on it? About 4 years ago I read the side of a Mac & Cheese box... I haven't eaten it since!!! But, lemon cookies sure are yummy! :)

PS... that is SUCH a cute puppy! I want him!

Kevin A. said...

Still with us, Rebecca?