Thursday, July 12, 2007

Kick Ass Workout

Today I did the 300 workout again. Um.... WHOA. It took me 4:00 longer than last time, but I increased my weight on pretty much everything I did. Here's the breakdown:

Deadlift - 110 lbs - 15/ 90 lbs - 10/ 70 lbs - 25
Box Jump - 5 risers instead of 4
Sit Ups - I did actual sit ups instead of crunches
DB Clean & Press - 15 lbs (up from 12.5 lbs, and I did the press this time)


Well, needless to say I was sweating like crazy, and my heart rate even got up as high as it gets from running up & down the stairs 7 times. But it was nice to see that I did more this time, whether I got stronger or just had the potential to do more last week. Regardless, I had a good workout.

On another note, I have had two compliments that I must share:
I had to get 2 shots yesterday, and I asked whether I could still lift weights. The nurse asked me if I am a personal trainer. Moi?! I'll take it! And a young lady that I haven't seen at the gym in a while said I am 'much skinnier', and 'half my size'. Awe, thanks Veronica!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Too funny about the personal trainer comment...not that you don't deserve it. I just think I would be laughing my ass off if someone asked me that. Good for you - Ms. Half Your Size!

CCP said...

Great workout!

Good luck on your 10k, let me know if you need any more pointers:) [I posted after your comment]

Marcol said...

You looking like a personal trainer is saying a lot. I mean for a total stranger to even think that means you must be showing some serious definition and you must have an athletic build. Nice.

Doing that 300, some trainers could stand to learn a thing or two from you. :)

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.