Friday, June 29, 2007

TGIF Again

I'm SOOOO glad it's Friday. Not like I have some stellar weekend plans or anything. I'm just glad I don't have to go to work for two days. I gave my notice at a job I've had for almost 5 years, which is bittersweet. I am looking forward to starting school in September, but it will definitely be a major life change, which is always kinda scary.

I have not had a good week in terms of my eating this week. This is a time where my knowledge of my own ability to discipline myself is somewhat of a drawback. Part of it is somewhat calculated, but part of it is pure laziness. My week has epitomized the law that a body in motion stays in motion. Once I relaxed my perameters, it became easier to continue to do what I've been doing. But having a built-in STOP sign (June 30) did not help my self-discipline. I have been exercising, but not as diligently as I usually do. I figure 'I'm gonna have to bust my ass in July, so I might as well relax for the moment'. Wrong or right, it is what it is!

I'm trying to keep this blog simple because there seems to be so much stuff in the air that's complicated, and truth be told I have enough complications in my life already. I am not ashamed of the fact that I am in counseling, which I started when I realized that the majority of my family is crazy. For real. One of the things that my counselor emphasizes with me is the importance of self-awareness - what we say/do, and why we say/do it. In spite of the fact that these are 'only' cyber relationships, I hope that we are all willing, when necessary, to look honestly at ourselves and be the bigger person when we have screwed up. There is really no need for any of us to be involved with a group of people unless it makes a positive impact on our lives. Once that stops, it's time to go. I hope it doesn't come to that for anybody.

2 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

Wise words. As for your life, you're right on. You control it.

So, let's see some great numbers in July - I for one will be cheering you on!

Kristen said...

Right on, sista! Can't wait to see what we can accomplish in July!!!!!!!!!!!