Monday, June 18, 2007

Life...

Today was a 5 am day. I think I deserve 2 stickers for a 5 am gym day. The reality is that for me, getting up early in the morning is not easy. I like the gym, so going any time of the day is fairly easy. Six am? Not so easy. It challenges my commitment to working out, and it challenges my commitment to my overall plan to lose weight. Perhaps for someone else, going at 5 am is easy. My brother gets up at 4:30 am and doesn't even break a sweat. Figuratively speaking. But truth be told, I'm proud of myself when I get to work at 7:30 knowing that I have already have a full-body workout - weights & cardio. I put it ahead of my desire to sleep and my comfort. The bed feels good! That having been said, I'm not used to such a long day, and I find myself a bit irritable around 2:00 pm. Today I was saved from driving to a bunch of local sporting goods stores by a young City Sports employee named Greg. Greg found my little charges acceptable soccer shoes in their respective sizes. Thanks Greg! I didn't have it in me to go to another store. Of course, later I did have to return to City Sports, since an inattentive employee gave me the wrong shoes. But whatever. There is definitely a down side to starting my day so early. I did partake in one of my cheat meals today, partially. A cookie that I love so much, and I didn't even have a desire to finish it. Truthfully, after the first bite I was done. I mean, I ate a few more bites, but my heart wasn't in it, so I threw the rest away. There was a time (not that long ago) when I would have eaten a second cookie, whether my heart was in it or not. Thank God for progress!

6 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

Good work on the early workout. The early ones are the toughest to GET TO, but the most satisfying as you're leaving to start your day and your workout is already done. Good job!

Anonymous said...

Kudos to your early am workouts! I just can't do it. Partially because I enjoy sleep way too much, but mostly because I've got the most energy in the afternoon.

And that's awesome about the cookie. Talk about self-control!! :)

Marcol said...

Ive always admired you for your drive to get to the gym but I never knew that youre push for those early mornings didnt come easy for you. That makes it even more inspirational. All i can say is youre getting it done and Im proud of you!

Lacy said...

Way to go with the cookie! I try to take that approach (if it doesn't taste wonderful, don't eat it) but it isn't always easy! And, great job on the workouts, too... I'm like Beck, I like sleep WAY too much to get up that early!

Conservative Beat Down said...

5 AM? C'mon....Wake up at 4 AM and then come talk to me! J/K :) Anyone who gets a meaningful workout in before they begin their workday gets Big Ups from me.

Rebecca said...

Just so everyone knows, jaxx is my brother and he stinks. :) not really. i wanna be just like you when i get old stinkerdoodle! Nosa, thanks for the props. I think about you when I'm at the gym early in the morning, cuz it's 4:30 or so your time. we're in sync across the country!