Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Uh oh!

I didn't write yesterday, but for the sake of honesty I have to say that I did eat something I shouldn't have - dark chocolate covered figs. They were good. But it was bad. Now that that's out of the way, I have to give myself props for resisting homemade brownies earlier in the day. It seems like this week so far my carbs are a little higher than I would like for them to be. We'll see how that plays out this week I guess. Other than the chocolate/fig (who woulda thunk it?) slip-up, yesterday was a fine day.

Today was a workout day. Woo hoo! Those swiss ball push ups are getting a bit easier, I can do 15 now, even though they are certainly not full extension. Chest touching the ball? Ummm... no. But I am definitely seeing gains of strength in other exercises, which is a nice feeling. I was looking at the calendar today and I realized that I only have 6 more weeks of this program. The thought has crossed my mind to stop sooner, but it would really only be because I saw some exercises up ahead that look mighty tough. But I remember weeks ago looking at what I'm doing now and thinking 'I can't do that!', but I'm doing it. So, I plan to go ahead and finish it out. Unfortunately today I twisted my ankle walking down the stairs. Not at the gym mind you, but walking down the stairs at the movie theater. Go me. Funny, cuz my first thought was 'I hope this doesn't make me miss a workout!' But a certain someone won't let me work out if my ankle remains swollen and tender. Thank God for the restraining forces in our lives huh? :) Anyway, I hope it's ok, cuz I have to chase a highly active 18-month old around in gym class tomorrow, among other things. There was something else I wanted to talk about today, but um... I don't remember! Oh well, it'll come back to me for another day. I'm sure you will all be waiting with bated breath. Not. :)

2 comments:

Marcol said...

So sorry to hear about your ankle. Gotta love "certain someones" that look out for us :) Youll be back at it before you know it. Way to go on getting stronger and stick with it. Chocolate/fig, yeah weird combo... Well I hope you have fun with the 18 month old and taking it easy on that ankle - rest is always a good thing!

Rob Tucker said...

Definitely get that ankle fixed.. hope you're feeling better.