Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Check Out My New Quotes -->

Can I do a little gym venting? There's a man that I see regularly at my gym. The problem is that he talks more than he exercises. Literally. Another fellow gym regular who has recently made some positive changes in her physique, was accosted by him today with some (true) training advice. He followed her around while she did her workout. I have seen this man tell people in much better shape than him that they need to lose weight. He told this woman that her boyfriend needs to get into the gym more often. It's too bad, because what he was telling her (about training with exercises that use multiple body parts rather than isolating muscles) was true, but he is so obnoxious and audacious that it makes it difficult to listen to him. I just don't want to become his next victim, now that we have made eye contact. I go to the gym to WORK OUT, not get unsolicited advice from someone who barely does 2 sets per hour.

That having been said, today was a rather stressful day, but I made it to the gym, and saw gains in my strength. I managed to eke out 15 swiss ball push ups (not full extension though) for the first time, which is a struggle. I have also noticed that I am recovering at a higher level, which means that my cardio capacity is improving. Yay! My eating was rather off - I missed a meal, and my post-workout meal was over 2 hours after I exercised, which is BAD. But other than that, all things considered, not a bad day. I'm ready to go to bed and start all over again I suppose!

2 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

"That guy" is so damn annoying. There's a few at our gym too. I don't understand why some people make the gym their own personal tiki lounge.

Get in, get your stuff done, get out.

Marcol said...

Do I understand what you mean about that type of "guy" being at the gym. Rob said it, Annoyyyying! Know it alls who do know get on my nerves anyway. Its good to hear in spite of the stress you had an overall successful day. Missing a meal is not nearly an issue as eating too much. Keep at it, those 14 lbs are getting scared of you and shaking in their boots :-)