Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Warning: this has nothing to do with diet, average weight or exercise.
I saw God today. I had lunch with Him actually, in the form of a woman named Cindy. I have known Cindy for 15+ years. She has played a major role in my life. I mean, when I broke up with my first real boyfriend, she stayed on the phone with me until all night until it was time for her to go to work, and didn't complain. She was a big sister/mom to me for a long time, and we fell out of touch. Well, I disconnected from her for no good reason. Well, I thought it was a good reason at the time, but in retrospect it was a really sucky one. But I digress. I reached out to her years later, and instead of being standoffish or stank, she welcomed me back with open arms. Ever since I called her out of the blue one day, she has been a great friend, and she represents God to me, whether she knows it or not.

Now, back to weight loss and the like. I got a great compliment today. Someone told me I look really fit, like I've been working out for a long time. Moi? Oh, please, say it again. :) I didn't make it to the gym this morning, but I did go to the track later with my GF, and had a nice interval run. It was different to run at the track with my heart rate monitor, which let me know that my exercise was pretty comparable to what I do at the gym in terms of cardio. Based on the way I ate today (a cookie, part of a brownie, pizza...), I will probably not lose any weight again this week. But, I know that come July 1, I will hit the ground running, cuz that's what I do. I actually, in my mind, decided that (not for lack of consistently trying) I will probably not have the body I want until next summer, and that's ok. Cuz next summer, I will be a force to be reckoned with! I looked for some races to run. Is anybody familiar with the Puma Pursuit? There's one up here in July, but I don't know what it's like, I'm thinking about doing it.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Rebecca, I have a "Cindy" in my life too. I haven't seen her in a couple of years, but I remember when I would visit my old church after I'd been out doing my thing. This wonderful woman has always made me feel so welcome and loved - no matter what. She is a true picture of Godliness to me - when so many others are not.

Anyways...I want to find a track around here too. I kind of feel that I might push myself harder when I don't set the speed on the treadmill myself...if that makes any sense...

Rob Tucker said...

It's always to get those compliments, isn't it? Very cool.

Anonymous said...

Don't those compliments completely make your day?? That HAD to feel good.

And that's really cool that you have Cindy in your life. People like that make such an impact on our lives!! :)

Marcol said...

Its sweet to see God, wish I could see him more often actually. Thank God for people like Cindy, they help remind us that God is real.

Nice comment you received, Im sure it made you :) Nice job!