Monday, June 4, 2007

Up A Little Honey

I do not plan to report the daily fluctuations of my scale, because it would be boring, but I am up a little (2.4 lbs) from my day of indulgence. I might actually tone down my indulgence a bit next week, and just pick 1 or 2 things and stick with that. Anyway, I write down my weight every day so that I can track how it goes down, so I expect the number to start moving tomorrow.

It's interesting, because I have really only lost about 3 lbs since I started doing Afterburn, but I definitely see more than 3 pounds worth of changes in my body. Overall, I look more muscular and defined (even my GF says so!), which is great. Don't get me wrong, I still have 14 pounds to lose, because there's still plenty of fat surrounding the muscle, but I see curves and definition in places I didn't see it before. Nice! I'm working toward the day when my bicep muscle is obvious even when my arm is just by my side. I have been working out for a long time, and this is the most progress I've seen. I know it comes from eating well and the type of exercise that I'm doing. So I guess I should be happy with a pound or so per week, if it actually looks like more than that. I'm about to just start rambling, so I'll end there.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

...but I love rambling...

Anonymous said...

So...uh...what exactly is "Afterburn"?

Marcol said...

Your blog title, cute :) Up a little shouldnt bring you any worries since you know you dont over-indulge. Youll be back at your "real" weight before you know it and surpassing that soon thereafter. Great job. I bet youre already able to see some of those muscles without flexing. only 14 pounds to go - WOW - remember when it was 60? Youve come a long way, never forget that!

Rebecca said...

Afterburn is a 16-week 'extreme fat loss training' program by Alwyn COsgrove. It consists of weight-lifting routines, cardio and they give you a nutritional guide too. Everything is progressive, so you start out doing a certain amount of cardio and build up. For example, weeks 1-4 was 19:00 cardio 3 times/week, and now, week 10, its 25:00 cardio 4 times/week. The last 4 weeks is 28:00 cardio 5/week. The weight routines focus on multiple muscles, ie bench press, push ups, squats & deadlifts... Anything else I can tell you?