Sunday, June 3, 2007

Down 1.4!

Well, in about an hour, my cheat day will be over. It was great - I ate breadsticks, a steak & cheese sub with a few french fries, an ice cream bar, and most of an orange Sunkist. Big fun. I didn't even bother to tally up my calories, but I'm sure it is well over my allotment for the day, so what difference does it make. I did make it to the gym today, so most of my cheating was done within my 'carb window'. Silver lining I suppose. Today got me to thinking about the importance of having goals and stuff, because it was thinking about today that helped me to resist the various temptations that presented themselves this week. And by the way, I did lose 1.4 lbs, bringing my weight to 164 (at my last weigh-in I had gained weight, so the 1.4 loss is from my previous week's weight of 165.4, but this week I have lost 3.8 lbs). 164 is a signigicant number to me, because, throughout my weight loss journey there are numbers that stick in my head. 164 is one of them - it is a weight that I used to be satisfied at. A couple years ago, I looked at myself at approximately this size and said 'I could stay this size, I just need to tone up'. I no longer feel that way. I am even prepared to lose the 14 lbs I have left and still want to lose more weight. That will be fun. Well, I'm off to enjoy the last hour of my cheat day. Ta ta!

5 comments:

Marcol said...

Good job on the weight loss. I agree with you keeping a goal in mind helps you press through the week avoiding pitfalls. So whats this week's goal to help you make a similar accomplishment? I dont think you should look at the foods you had today as cheat food but rather as food earned and strategically placed. I think cheat denotes going off plan, What do you think? Again, great job!

Rob Tucker said...

Totally agreed.

It's a good sign that you're not 'settling' for this size. Go after your goals, you're getting so close!

Rebecca said...

Hmmm... what's my goal for this week? To lose weight, eat clean and earn my cheat day I guess. At 160, I do plan to reward myself with a MAC lip glass. :) So every week counts!

Anonymous said...

Awesome job on the lost weight! I totally know what you mean about those numbers that stick out. For me, it's 12...as in, size 12. That's where I was comfortable and now that I'm here, I want to be a size 8. I'm sure that when I get to 8, I'll want to be a 6, and so on. The grass is always greener...

Anyway, keep up the great work! :)

Rebecca said...

I agree that the word cheat is not really accurate. It is my 10% 'off-plan', which I earned by eating properly throughout the week.