Thursday, June 7, 2007

Rise and Shine!

I am all ready for a 5:00 wake up call - bag is packed, lunch is packed, breakfast is ready to be blended. Now all I need to do is go to sleep. Today was a long day, but it was a good day. I had an interview, which went well. It was a self-esteem boost, because they liked me, they really liked me! I have gone through a lot of things over the past couple of years that really tore down my self esteem and identity. Or, pulled the rug out from under me and forced me to establish my own identity and develop confidence in my intrinsic worth as a person. Funny as it sounds, losing weight has helped me. I am doing it! I am in control of my eating. The weight that I gained behind my negative stressful experience, gone! (hey, does anybody ever wonder, when you lose weight, where does it go? hmmm....) Never, before September 12, 2006, had I made a decision to lose weight and really done it. Stuck to it, and lost 36 pounds. So now I know/remember that I have the internal fortitude to discipline myself and achieve a goal. Not saying I'm finished, by any stretch. But I remember a couple of years ago I used to have a mantra - you don't know what you can do until you do what you think you can't do. I definitely believe that, and I'm sure, in all of our various stages, we can attest to that. It's not just looking at a picture and seeing triceps pop, it's knowing that you alone are responsible for the tricep popping. What a good feeling! Well, I have waxed semi-philosophical long enough. Off to bed for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the quote!

It doesn't sound funny at all that losing weight helps you in other areas. Yeah, you're appearance is changing, but the steps it takes to do that goes way deeper than the physical level alone. I can't tell you how many circumstances I've been able to better weather because I compare it to losing weight.

Anyway, great job on the interview. I hope something comes of it! :)