Friday, June 1, 2007

Cheating

I received this via email from precision nutrition. It's part of '10 rules of good nutrition', but this one seemed appropriate in light of what I've read in a lot of blogs. If you are interested in the other rules, let me know.

8) Have 10% foods.

I know you cringed at a few of the rules above – perhaps #6 in particular. But here’s a bit of a break. 10% of the time, you can eat whatever you want.

That’s right, you heard me. 100% nutritional discipline is never really needed to completely change your body. The difference between sticking to the rules 90% of the time and sticking to them 100% of the time is minor, really.

But here’s the catch: make sure you do the math and determine what 10% of the time really means. For example, if you’re eating 6 meals per day for 7 days of the week – that’s 42 meals. 10% of 42 meals is about 4 meals. Therefore you’re allowed to “break the rules” 4 meals each week. If you skip a meal or eat something not on the plan, that counts as breaking the rules!

This program contains mostly 90% foods but I'd imagine that those of you who have eaten pizza for your 10% foods in the past will really enjoy our Chicago Deep Dish Pizza recipe in Precision Nutrition!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I would like to see the rest of the rules please :)