Thursday, May 31, 2007

One of Them Days

Remember how I was talking about plans yesterday? Well, I had one today, and it fell by the wayside at around 8:00 this morning. I had a doctor's appointment, and got a tetanus shot. Great. Of course, I opened my big mouth and told the person who gave me the shot that I was headed straight to the gym, and she said 'no lifting weights'. NO LIFTING WEIGHTS?! What does she think I go to the gym for? Well, I let it go, actually followed her directions and abstained from the gym. Unfortunately that means I have to get up at 5:00 tomorrow morning to make up for it. I know they say the early bird catches the worm, but at 5 am the only thing I want to catch is ZZZs. Especially since I haven't been sleeping well for the past couple of nights. But, in the name of staying on track, 5:00 it is. That's gonna be fun. Well, the truth of the matter is that my day didn't get a whole lot better, between buying clay for a birthday party, dealing with texts from my boss, shuttling a 9 year old from a dance rehearsal, blah blah blah. But I avoided some of the temptations along the way to my class, and stayed on track to the best of my ability. Thank God for a plan, even when life interrupts. Thanks for the encouragement everybody!

One highlight of my day was stepping on the scale at the doctor's office. I weighed 27 pounds less than what I weighed at my last doctor's appointment in September. Yay! And this morning I hit 165 (again), so I put on my new sneakers! I had to put them back in the box since I didn't even make it to the gym, but that's ok. There's always tomorrow. At 5:00 am. Not to mention Saturday. And Sunday... :)

3 comments:

Lacy said...

27 lbs! Isn't that a great feeling?!?! My doctor gave me until the middle of July to lose 10 lbs... I'll be excited to walk in and have lost 20! :) So fun.

And congrats on the sneakers! I hope they felt wonderful this morning! :)

Marcol said...

Ouch to the shot... Wonderful feeling indeed to know the LAST time you were in that office weightwise things were different and to know your current status is a positive difference. Congrats. 5am, better you than me. Have I told you lately that youre indeed a trooper at heart - thats one good thing about those genes of yours although there are some more :)

Rob Tucker said...

I need to get into the doc so I can show off on his scale, too. That's a VERY good feeling!