Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Nothing Much

I'm not sure where I'm going with this today. But first, thanks to my faithful readers/commenters. I appreciate the well-wishes and the compliments. :) Lol to Kristen. Although everyone can't have a gf, anyone can have a weight loss buddy. ;) Or a cyber-weight loss buddy. I think there are even web sites that try to hook up people who are trying to lose weight/exercise together. But I am fortunate that my gf is also my weight loss buddy. She's pretty good at helping me stay on track, and also sharing stuff that she's learned with me. Although I've heard of creatine and BCAAs, the truth of the matter is I probably wouldn't be taking all that stuff without her, and it helps.

Today was a workout day, and it was pretty intense, but good. My 22-minute cardio routine intimidates me every time. But I have to say that when I first started this section of Afterburn 3 weeks ago, I had to pause at least 2 times, and now I don't have to pause at all. Woo hoo! Sunday begins Week 9, and I will switch my cardio machine, and add an extra round of cardio, taking my total cardio time to 25 minutes. That's gonna be a blast. Not. But it is good to know that I can have an effective weight/cardio routine in 90 minutes and see results. I'm starting grad school in September, which is why I want to be finished losing weight, and I definitely want to find a workout regimen that will allow me to maintain my new weight and define my body. Lacy said she wants to see picture of my 6-pack. Let me tell you, if I ever have a six-pack, everybody will see it! I actually want to get my belly button pierced if my stomach gets flat enough. But that is one of those things that only looks good on a flat belly, in my opinion. The tattoo I plan to get is also contingent upon flatness in the abdominal area. Maybe that will motivate me to continue to resist the talking cupcakes and brownies. Brownies and cupcakes and cookies, oh my!

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Could you describe your 22 minute cardio routine?

Rob Tucker said...

Hey, thanks for your comment. I'm going to put you on the FAT Coalition list, hopefully you don't mind. It'll keep me coming back to your blog for more of these comments.

Keep up the good work!

Earl said...

Well, well. Have I created a monster? I thought I cornered the market on obsessively working out and getting inked. Apparently not. A tattoo AND a pierced belly button? Whatever would the bish think? ;)

Earl said...

Someone at my job just offered me a chocolate chip cookie at 8:50 in the morning. What?? Talk about your breakfast of champions!

Marcol said...

I suspect youll be getting that tattoo & belly button piercing because with your progress and determination a flat stomach is on its way! Cant wait to see them. ;)