Monday, May 14, 2007

Introducing Me

This is a new experience for me, in more ways than one. I have no idea who will be reading this, and I am not one for spending a lot of time reading other people's blogs. Who knows, maybe that will change. Anyway, I guess I should explain why I am doing this, where I am and where I'm going. Since September, I have lost about 35 lbs. I have struggled with my weight since I was about 10. I was never athletic, but when I was 18 I started working out, and fell in love with lifting weights. I even like cardio! I have done lots of different things, from step class to rock climbing to Tae Bo to boxing, and I like to have a varied workout routine. I love the feeling of improving, challenging and pushing myself. I'm not competitive, I just like to compete against myself. Anyway, back to my weight. I went through a VERY tough time in my life, and I sought comfort in orange SUnkist and sweets, basically eating whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. Fast food was pretty much my daily dinner. I worked out only sporadically, and I worked overnight on top of that. So, by the time it was all said and done, I had gained about 40 pounds. Yikes! So I joined Weight Watchers, and slowly but surely started to take the weight off. Truth be told, with all due respect to Weight Watchers, I only followed their Points system for a few months, if that. I switched to a plain old calorie counting system, using Sparkpeople.com, and not too long ago I started using a Zone-type/Metabolism Advantage diet. I am also on Week 7 of Afterburn. I haven't strictly followed the nutrition regimen that they prescribe, but I plan to switch over to it at Week 9. I have definitely seen some changes in my body, a little weight loss, and definitely some inches lost, although not as much as I would like. I am starting grad school in the fall, and want to get to my goal of 10% BF by the end of August. So.... the journey continues.

No comments: