Friday, May 18, 2007

Rain Rain Go Away

Today was a yucky day, and the weekend promises to be almost equally yucky. I'm starting to get into this whole blog thing, for better or worse. I did pretty well with my dietary restrictions today. Better than pretty well - I resisted all temptations, including the talking cupcakes. Yep, they were still there!

The scale was up this morning, as is usually the case after I eat carbs (well-earned after my Afterburn workout). I'm hoping that by Sunday morning I will have lost weight, or at the very least maintained my weight. I was playing around with my food log on sparkpeople, trying to figure out what my calorie reduction will look like in real food. Not so bad, I think I can handle it. Well, I know I can, cuz when I started out on this journey, 35 lbs heavier, I was eating 1200 calories. Speaking of the scale, I used to think that my SO and my bro were a bit, shall we say, OCD for weighing themselves daily. Nevertheless, I joined them, since I couldn't beat em, and whaddya know, they say people who weigh themselves daily do a better job keeping their weight off. Glad I joined em!

OK, don't laugh, but today, after months of thinking that a 10K was 8 miles, I did a little thinking and realized that (drumroll please) it's only 6.2 miles. OK, I knew that a 5K was 3.1, why didn't I do what I learned over 20 years ago and multiply times two? Who the hell knows. Regardless, I am trying to do Afterburn until the 16 weeks are up, which is late July, and after Afterburn I planned to train to run a 10K in October. 6 miles is more feasible than 8 in 2 1/2 months, so that revelation pleased me.

If anybody gives a damn, my chest is sore from my 60 lb bench press. Feels good though - call me crazy, but I like being sore. Well, I think that's enough rambling for now. Sunday I'm gonna post my weight (woo hoo!) and start using this blog to keep you updated on the exciting numbers along this journey. Until then...

1 comment:

Marcol said...

You're better at this than me. Im struggling with something to say. Aweee, youre sore. Well that soreness will eventually lead to increased muscularity, so stick with it. I have no doubts that you will. Yeah, rainy days, but that makes for more up close and personal time :-)