Monday, May 21, 2007

Yay Me!

As hard as it may be to believe, I don't think I have much to say. Of course, I say that now, but watch I have to eat my words. Anyway, I had a pretty good day today. As expected, my weight was up, but not as much as I expected - only 1.4 lbs. Not bad considering how much I ate yesterday! It's interesting, because losing weight last week motivates me to stick to my plan. I have definitely noticed with myself that lack of results can make me lax when it comes to my diet plan, whatever it may be. (And believe me, over the past 8 months, I have followed many a plan!) Well, I was good & on track today, barely even tempted, when out of nowhere, a mere hour after I had eaten, hunger struck. I started rummaging through the cabinets, peering into the depths of the fridge. I even poked around the freezer. But in the cabinet, wrapped up in some plastic wrap, were two homemade brownies. I love brownies. Well, in case you hadn't noticed, I like sweets, with an emphasis on chocolate. I picked them up, inspected them, and put them back! Yes, I actually resisted the temptation to eat homemade brownies. Please, don't hold the applause. I can hear them echo through cyberspace. Thank you, thank you very much. So, that was my big victory for the day.
I'm also excited that I have a couple of new blog friends, Lacy & Kristen. Hi ladies! There are a few things that have been priceless along this journey, which is by no means over. One of them has definitely been having a partner. Although our ups & downs have been different, and our weight loss plans are different, knowing that there is always someone with me in the fight has helped motivate me to keep going. When I don't notice changes in my body, someone else does. Thank God, because I look in the mirror and don't know what's what. Having someone to commiserate (did i spell that right) with, push you, give advice, etc., is SO crucial.
Well, I'm off to get myself together for tomorrow - the gym & some errands & work - an exciting day, I know. But just planning what I'm going to eat and when I'm going to eat it is a project in and of itself. I took my little lunch bag to my grandmother's house, and she called it my satchel. She's cute. So, I'm off to pack my satchel!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Ok, I soooooo need a gf. My husband just doesn't seem to do the whole noticing/commiserating thing like that ;)

I can't wait to start using the word "satchel". It is cute.

Marcol said...

You have talking cupcakes now secretly stashed brownies calling out to you. Im glad to hear you overcame the temptation all three times... thats progress. Youre doing great and looking good, keep it up!