Saturday, June 2, 2007

A Good Week

Did I mention that yesterday for one of my meals I drank vanilla protein powder with... WATER? In order for you to appreciate the significance of that, you have to know that I have a VERY difficult time drinking nasty stuff. More than the average person. But I have grown throughout this journey, to the point where I can now stomach things that are good for me, but nasty. I grew up hearing 'some things you eat cuz they're good to ya, some things you eat cuz they're good for ya'. But I never believed it - I only ate stuff that was both. Now, sometimes I eat stuff just because it's good for me. Gotta do what I gotta do. It does make the stuff that's only good to me taste that much better, so it's kind of a win-win. But I was very proud of myself for guzzling down that little concoction.

Nothing really important to talk about. I fulfilled my gym requirements for the week - 4 weights/cardio sessions. Got up this morning and went. I was the only girl in the weight room for a little while, which is always interesting. And my workout kicked my butt. For some reason, squatting while holding 50 pounds over my head (on a smith machine) really gets me. Not to mention those swiss ball push ups (yuck) and single-leg deadlifts. Fun, fun, fun. But now my week is over, tomorrow is weigh-in day, and I get to eat what I want. There's an orange Sunkist in the fridge with my name on it. Other than that, I have no particular food plans, except to enjoy my cheat day!

3 comments:

Marcol said...

Successful week you had so your orange Sunkist sounds well deserved (yum!) I understand you on the nasty good for you eating. Youre right it boils down to you gotta do what ya gotta do. I hope your weigh-in is all you anticipate, you deserve it!

Kristen said...

I sometimes end up craving some of those things that tasted nasty in the beginning.

Rob Tucker said...

I like the mentality.

If it's important, you sometimes just have to suck it up and do it.

You gotta do what you gotta do.

Good work!