Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Bobby Knight - "Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win."

That's a good one, and it seems appropriate since I saw it after spending about an hour preparing for my day tomorrow. I know I've said it before, but if I had to do a David Letterman-type Top Ten List for weight loss, preparation & planning would be close to #1. I know for me, not having food ready opens the door to temptaion, and I usually walk through it! Since I'm on the subject of temptation, I was at Rosie's bakery, and I fully intended to buy myself a little treat. I eyed some cookies, thought about a smoothie, and ended up with... NOTHING! I definitely felt better walking out of there with nothing than if I had something. I did, however, indulge in something later that was a definite no no too, daffy. Bad girl. Just one less thing I can have come Sunday I suppose. Oh well...

I just want to gripe about a jerk at the gym. He pissed me off so bad I told my brother on him. Like he can do something from Texas. I also told my GF, who is local, and could/would do something. Anyway, I wanted to use the Smith machine for one of the exercises in my set (inverted row), and this guy (the loquacious one I've mentioned before) was using it, and he didn't let me work in with him! Can you believe it? Never in all my gym life, has someone refused to work in with me on a machine. And all this time, I thought he was obnoxious. Now I find out he's a jerk too. I'm not bitter though, I will just never smile at him again. J/K.... kinda. :)

On a final note, I got a nice comment from someone who hasn't seen me in about a month. She said 'you're losing weight! you go girl!' I'm going Mary! And I tried on a skirt that I wore to a 4th of July cookout last year. I had to pull it on over my head because it didn't fit over my hips & thighs. Even pulling it over my head required a lot of wiggling! Tonight I put it on, intending to wear it tomorrow, and it's too big. Like, give it away cuz you will look like you have no shape in it big. Yay!

6 comments:

Kristen said...

OMG...I've never in my life even thought about putting a skirt on over my head cause it wouldn't fit over my hips. The image is killing me!!! :)

Good for you.

Ripx180 said...

That is a pretty funny image in my head of women squirming to get a skirt down over her shoulders to her hips.... almost like a giant finger trap :). Anyway you got a smile out of me at 6am (good way to start the day). Sorry about the jerk at the gym, there are always a few of them around. Sounds like you are doing great on your fitness Journey.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a jerk! I hope the no-smile treatment puts him in his place! ;) He'll get his, though. If he's like that at the gym, then he's probably like that everywhere else...it'll catch up to him. :)

Um, about the skirt, that's freaking awesome that it's too big! Well, it's not because now you have to find something else to wear, but of all the problems to have...

I'm so happy for you! :)

Rob Tucker said...

If it makes you feel better, I've got about 8 of those guys in my gym.

Good for you for getting the compliments - another good reminder that it's working!

Rebecca said...

Glad I could give everyone a laugh about the skirt. Lol... I'm sure it was comical to behold, but I wasn't laughing at the time! Well, maybe I was... all the way to burger king! and dunkin donuts. and papa gino's. and the chateau. and carl's steaks...

Earl said...

Bobby Knight is a lot of things but that quote couldn't be more true.

As far as the jackass at the gym...Even when I don't want to work in with someone, I do it. I have been going to gyms for 20 years and have never seen that - and I've worked out with some serious jackasses.