Thursday, June 21, 2007

Nothing Much Again

Not too much to say today. I'm ready for the summer sizzler challenge. Bring it on FAT! Tomorrow is another early wake-up day, in spite of my Monday workout. I decided to cut my Afterburn program short, so I'll only be doing one week of the last section. Awe shucks. I do appreciate Afterburn, and I don't feel like a quitter, but I am looking forward to being able to create my own routines, and get some extra cardio in for the team. It's all about the team baby! My schedule is more open during the summer, the kids I take care of are in camp until 4:15, so I might even do some double cardio sessions. Woo hoo! By the way, if anyone is interested in a portable vegetable, I discovered sugar snap peas last week. Usually I have carrots with one of my lunches, but the sugar snap peas by Mann's give me another veggie for the afternoon. They're good, nice & crunchy. My brother will be here in a couple of weeks. I'm looking forward to seeing him & my sister-in-law, and it'll be cool cuz I'm about 25 pounds smaller than the last time they saw me. They're both losing weight too, so I guess we'll all be shadows of our former selves. Yay us!

6 comments:

billy said...

Hey Rebecca,

Whatever, we'll just do the best we can, that's what everyone will be doing. Definitely don't take an drastic measures- just do your best and we'll be fine!

Team name...

Howabout "The Closers" as in we're gonna close this deal. And we're close to our goal weight? I'm definitely open to ideas!

Kristen said...

I like it Billy.

Rebecca, I'm so excited for you to see your brother and his wife. Very cool that they've also lost weight.

It's funny when I get together with my family now. Most of us are somewhat focused on changing this bad lifestyle that we've lived for years, and it's fun to have a new better energy amongst us now.

Earl said...

Snap peas? Ugh, I know people here who eat those too. I don't know how you all do it.

Kevin A. said...

My humble suggestion for team name would be Team PHAT. Because we ARE PHAT.

And I hate snap peas. I can stand peas cooked with butter, but that's about it. I'm a carrot guy.

billy said...

OK, I created a blog for our team (temporarily called the A-team) so we can communicate:

http://takecontrol-ateam.blogspot.com/

We rule!

Anonymous said...

That's going to be awesome to see your brother who hasn't seen you since you're 25-pound loss. I hope the compliments pour in!!! :)

Have fun with creating your own routines. It's nice to be able to do what you're in the mood for.