Saturday, September 1, 2007

Running is Like Life

I had a nice run today, lots of hills and stuff. The funny thing is, while I'm running up the hill, my legs are burning, and I just want it to be over cuz I feel like I can't take it anymore. Then, I reach the top of the hill and coast down, and it feels so good! But the thing is, you can't coast if you don't push your way up the hill. And you better enjoy the coast while it lasts, because another hill is sure to come, quickly. And truthfully, you better enjoy the burn too, cuz the push through the burn, that's where the real growth happens. That's the lesson taught to me by today's run.

2 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

That's such a great life lesson - even outside of running. My old man always used to say that you can "play now, and pay later", or you can "pay now, and play later".

Hard work pays off. Nice job!

Kristen said...

Great blog!