Thursday, September 20, 2007

Weird, I Know

I'm so proud of me. I skipped the gym today, and I'm skipping tomorrow too. For most people that would not be a source of pride, but it is for me. My challenge in life is often doing too much, pushing my body too hard. But last night I didn't feel so well, and rather than pushing myself, I took the morning off from my work out, and I feel so much better today! I decided that I needed the sleep more than I needed the cardio. So Sunday I will get back on it, but I'm proud that I was able to make that decision for myself, and do what is good for me. Yay!

5 comments:

RunToTheFinish said...

I have the same issue with learning to give my body some rest, so it can actually perform better. I think it's because when you start trying to lose weight intially, every calorie matters so you have this intense need to know you are burning calories. Congrats on your progress!

Rob Tucker said...

You're learning your body, and that's what matters. It's a tired cliche that the body needs rest, but it's true. Keep up what you're doing - it's working!

Dave said...

Not so weird :) I almost did the same thing. I went out last night and got home after midnight. I got up at 3:30am to go to the gym and changed my mind. I got more sleep and then went to the gym later. (see, "almost") :)

Marcol said...

Glad to see you gave your body the rest it needed. When youre ready to rock n' roll again, go get 'em tiger!

Tea said...

very very smart move!