Friday, September 7, 2007

Friday...

Is it me, or did the summer pass by really fast? Already, my first week of school is over. Thank God. I mean, truthfully, it wasn't that bad. Me and my giant cooler got it done. I can see myself getting bored with salads, so I will have to put in some work to make sure I have enough variety that I don't get bored. Boredom for me leads to cheating. If anybody has any suggestions on veggies & protein sources that travel well & are easy to cook, I'm open. The one thing I probably will have to be careful about is making sure I don't depend on sugary, caffeinated food to stay awake at the end of a very long day.

I'm not exactly sure how or why, but it seems like the scale is cooperating with me, in spite of my dietary infidelity last weekend. I'm not complaining though. I lost another inch off my waist this week, which is grrrrreat!

Maybe I should have tried this earlier in the day when my brain was actually functioning. Then I might have something interesting to say. But since I don't... happy weekend!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Congratulations on the 1 inch loss. The waist is where is definitely counts!

I do lean cuisine (spa line) sometimes or Kashi frozen dinners. I don't think they are necessarily the best for you, but they are better than cheating altogether...and they are easy to cook :)

RunToTheFinish said...

Pre-packing lunch has definitely been my lifesaver. I've found the starkist tuna pouches that are pre-flavored travel well and I've made it a goal each weekend to cook up a bunch of veggies maybe stir fry them and then mix with some chicken or boca burger, so it's already in a container and ready to go each morning. I'm getting ready to check out this new book, that everyone says shows great results, so I'll let you know if i find any other good tips!

Marcol said...

Niccce on another inch missing from your waist. Those abs of yours will be poppin' before you know it ;)

Tea said...

Another inch is fantastic! I am SO happy for you!