Saturday, September 29, 2007

It's Official

I'm running a 10K. Even though I've been training for the Tufts 10K, I haven't registered. Until tonight. So, that makes it no longer just an idea, it's for real people! This is my last week of training for it, which is great, because I'm looking forward to hitting the weights an extra day of the week, and being able to have more flexibility with my workout schedule. I've been doing early morning workouts every day, which gives me one 14-hour day/week, and some other fairly long days. I will still do the morning workouts, but I will be able to choose the days so that it allows me to get a bit more sleep. Sleep is good.

I had a good run Wednesday morning - my time has improved since I started. I also had a kick-ass workout Friday, which I'm proud of because I postponed it from morning to afternoon and then almost skipped it. Those 50-lb push presses are killer, not to mention the 50-lb lunges and then floor wipers. Then a 2-mile run after. Fun fun fun!

I work with a woman who works out regularly. But you really can't tell. I don't want to be one of those people, who works out all the time but has very little bodily evidence, so to speak. I mean, I like to work out cuz it makes me feel good, but I don't want to put all the work in and then not look like it at all.

12 comments:

Kristen said...

Your time certainly has improved. 5.1 miles in 55 minutes? Sheesh!

swankywanker said...

Woohoo, you survived the week. 10k will be a breeze for you, you're a rockstar. Did you know that rockstars can run 10k's? It's their preferred method of transport.

Anonymous said...

It IS official! When is the run?

You're going to do great.

As always, you're a machine with your workouts. I totally hear ya on wanting to LOOK like you work out. That's the best payoff there is, in my opinion (well, besides like being healthy and crap). :)

Marcol said...

Im sure theres another feeling that you have now that its "official." Youll do great, youve made such amazing progress as youve been training. Now you too will be able to post your offical PB for a 10k - sweet!

Look forward to hearing about your new transformations as your workout schedule and focus changes.

You should be so proud of yourself, youve done a lot this year! Im proud of you!

Rob Tucker said...

Wow.. 10k, nice! I don't doubt for a moment that you're not going to completely kick ass. Keep us updated!

Marcol said...

I was just re-reading your blog.

DAMN GIRL!!!!! ok, that was for the 50 lb push presses and lunges, not to mention the floor wipers. WHOA, youre really doing B.I.G. things, ya hear?

I for one pity the fool that would try to bother you. Keep up the awesome work, for real. Before you know it youre going to be pressing 100 lbs. DAMN!!!

Jay said...

Nice! Putting your name on that form is a great commitment.

There are lots of folks at my office who work our regularly too, but they don't have a diet that supports them getting in shape. I think that's the main difference. Keep up the good eating, and you won't be one of those people.

Anonymous said...

The 10K sounds great. That's an awesome goal to set for yourself. Good luck on the training. I'm trying to do one myself in November.

Ripx180 said...

Nice a 10k is serious business!!

I think there are allot of people out there that supposedly work out every day. But lets face it they are not earning or going full tilt. possibly have a horrible diet too which can easily sabotage ones work as we all know. They need to take a page out of your book ;)... matter of fact I think I need to borrow one too. Keep up the good work.

Tea said...

YEA!!! I'm so happy for you!

You are going to have an awesome time. Is this your first ever race?

Jim McCoy said...

10k? Damn, three miles almost KILLED me. I bet you'll rock it out, though. Good luck, and win big!

Kristen said...

I miss your posts. I hope all is well?