Sunday, September 9, 2007

And Another Thing

I must have been really tired on Friday, because I realized later that I could have talked about my early morning workout and a couple of other things. Oh well. Today I got up very early and went to babysit for a couple who did a triathlon together. I really didn't feel like going to the gym for a 50:00 cardio session afterward, but I did. It wasn't the greatest - my heart rate didn't get up too high, in spite of my level and the burn in my legs. Dunno why - any of you bikers out there have any ideas?

This week adds another layer to this new phase of my life - my internship. Starts tomorrow. Looking forward to it with a mix of nervousness & excitement. I have no idea what I will have access to in terms of refrigeration, microwave, even water. This newbie feeling is a bit disconcerting sometimes - I have told a couple of friends that I feel like an 18-year old freshman. In & of itself, being 18 - not so bad. But the fresh meat part, I could do without. But it's part of the process, and I know that in a month or so I will be comfortable, or at least familiar.

I'm going to try a couple different things this week - pork loin, for one. Also, I'll be eating a fairly carb-y breakfast, so we'll see how, if at all, it affects my weight loss for the week. I was rather pleased with my 1.2 lbs last week, because I know that I was hanging off the back of the wagon last weekend. I ate a couple of donuts, drank a couple of coffees, and did a couple other bad-girl things. Of course, there's always that 'but what if I hadn't done...' thought. Interestingly enough, even though I was a little loose with myself this weekend, and I have ice cream in the freezer and dark chocolate covered caramels in the fridge, I didn't eat them. The other day I went looking for my lemon cookie, and the store didn't have it. I opted to not get a substitute and just forego the treat, thinking I would get it later, but I didn't. Could my sweet tooth be losing its grip?!

3 comments:

Marcol said...

Rebecca - good for you making your cardio even though you really werent feeling it.

Hope your 1st day at your internship goes well. That feeling of excitement mixed with nervousness is a bugger isnt it? Im sure you'll enjoy your day and the process.
Also, SWEET on your 1.2 weight loss this week. Youve been putting in the effort with your training and the body is just paying you back - cant be mad at that!

YOU losing your sweet tooth? WOW, now that would be something wouldnt it?!? ;)

Anonymous said...

Hope your first day goes well! And yes, your sweet tooth thing will get a little screwy when you get into the workouts hard. I LOVE licorice and haven't had a Twizzler since I don't know when. But me and chocolate are still pretty tight.

Tea said...

1.2lbs just perfect! You are on a roll.

Good luck with the internship