Sunday, September 23, 2007

This is How We Do It...



This is a picture of the majority of my food consumption for the week - 3 different kinds of meats being marinated (salmon, pork loin and chicken), carrots, sugar snap peas, salad, tuna salad, 3 days worth of BCAAs, 10 servings of protein powder, and hummus. Tuesday I'll cook meat for the remainder of the week. Although my weight loss for the week was a wee bit disappointing, I know that had I not invested this time over the past 3 weeks, I would have gained weight, or at least stayed the same. It's not fun, but it's worth it. Although I only lost .4 lbs this week, I lost 1 inch off my hips. Yay! Oh, but at least my partner the Swankmeister held it down with 3 pounds - go swanky!

Tomorrow is my first ever 5 mile run. Woo hoo! I mapped my route, and I'm on my way to bed so I can get up bright & early and get it done. Wish me... something. :)

As I mentioned, my weight loss was minimal this week, but I'm making a couple of changes this week, and we'll see how it goes. I've been eating a carby breakfast in honor of my morning runs. Not this week. Umm... that's the only change. Here goes another week in the life of Rebecca!

7 comments:

swankywanker said...

Thanks for the shout-out, my fellow Do Gooder. Have a great run tomorrow. 5 miles! Holy crap. I'll think of you out there running as I hit my snooze alarm.

Ripx180 said...

yeah the do gooders are killing it!! As usual you are a women with a plan which makes you unstoppable. Looking forward to reading about your 5 mile run tomorrow. Love seeing a fellow tupper ware (SP?) junkie.. I often grill extra just so I know lunches will be easy. Tomorrow is spicy chicken and spinach salad.

Marcol said...

I hope your 5 mile run was good for you. Im proud of you. Im so impressed with your accomplishments thus far, youve done so much over the past year.

Dont look down on your .4 thats actually within the healthy weekly weight loss range for your current weight. And 1 in. off the hips, SWEET! Youre doing Awesome!

As for the food prep, you better show us how to do get it done with a busy schedule:)

Rob Tucker said...

Although I'm mega-impressed with the weight loss, the inch lost and the 5 mile run, I think the most important part of this whole thing is the planning aspect.

That's just impressive.

You are well on your way, you've already won one of the major battles in this war. I'm happy for you!

Anonymous said...

How was your 5-miler?

BTW, I don't know how you do it with the food preparation!! Good job on that one!

Ripx180 said...

Wow!! nice pace on the 5 mile run. You were flying. Nice work Rebbecca.

Kristen said...

1 inch off the hips is really great...you did that in 1 week???