Monday, September 24, 2007

5 Miles

My 5 miler was good. I'm proud - I feel like 5 is a nice number to be able to run. Of course, I haven't even run my 10K yet, but I'm thinking about a half marathon. The good thing is that my pace was pretty good, a little faster than it has been previously, but my heart rate was lower, which I think means it was easier for me to run faster. So that makes me feel good. Speaking of feeling good, thanks for all the encouragement and positive comments on yesterday's blog. :)

I ate potato chips today. Bad girl. I was sleepy and trying to make it through an orientation meeting, and I caved in to the Lay's. Betcha can't eat just one! The good thing is that I put a handful on my plate, and resisted the temptation to get some more. I don't even really like chips! But still, it was a bad decision. :(

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chips are my downfall. If I'm hungry and there is a bag around I really have to struggle with the temptation. I know the 100 calorie snacks are controversial but those little packs serve their purpose for me. I get my fix when I need it but stay within reason.

I can't eat a sandwich without something crunchy.

Kristen said...

Wow...I'm so impressed with your progress! Good to see that your body is adapting.

swankywanker said...

Your runnning pace is hot! Way to go. If you aren't drinking spports drinks (I don't, I think they're gross) then working out as hard as you did yesterday means you have to replenish your salt and other electrolytes. That's why I crave salty stuff.

Rob Tucker said...

"Hi, my name is Rebecca and I save money in air travel by just running from Miami to Los Angeles non-stop instead of flying."

Nice work!

billy said...

You're allowed to eat as many chips as miles you can run without stopping. You get 5 chips. I get like 3.

Kristen said...

Billy, that's a great rule! I might adopt it and then modify it a bit...like a piece of pizza for every mile or something :)

Anonymous said...

Five miles is awesome! I'm out here struggling in the Florida heat, so I'm going to live vicariously through your runs! Good job.

Marcol said...

5 miles? Thats hot! Can I be you when I cardiovascularly grow up?
You better show us how you bring it - thats what Im talking about.

Great work Rebecca!

RunToTheFinish said...

yeah do a half!!

I completely understand the work related eating, I do so much better when things are smooth...or when I'm able to get my own snack instead of being stuck in a meeting.

Jay said...

3 chips for me!

Rob Tucker said...

Two chips for me!

Tea said...

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU! 5 miles is awesome! And you're thinking of a half!?!?

WOO HOO!!!

I hope you didn't dwell on the chips. So you had a handful...move on. :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome job on five...great time! You should totally do a half. If you're focusing on a much larger goal, then 10K won't seem so bad. :)