Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Me - Organized?

So, today was my first day of class. Long day. Unfortunately, I didn't sleep well last night, and I woke up this morning @ 5:30 with a killer stomach ache, due to insufficient food yesterday. I know this because at 5:30 am, when it was still a bit dark, I ate an apple and the stomach ache went away. So I went for my run and went about my day. Someone sitting next to me in one of my classes said I am so organized, cuz she was looking at my planner and wants me to plan her life too. Ha! If only she knew that, in spite of the fact that I had planned out every moment of my day, I had no idea where my classes were when I walked into the building. Oh well - can't have it all together I guess.

But my eating went well, except for the fact that I had to eat another meal when I came home because I was hungry and don't want to get up tomorrow morning with a bellyache again. Yuck.

I just want to say that when you really want something, you find a way to get it done. I have a big ole cooler that I carried around with me, with 3 meals in it, to make sure that I stay on my dietary track. It would be easy for me to use grad school as an excuse to fall off the wagon, but... not so much. But that's just cuz I want it. And I'll do what it takes to get it - no excuses.

6 comments:

Kristen said...

You are one of the most determined people I've ever "met". I was just telling a friend of mine today how much I admire your dedication. You remind me of her...and that's a great compliment.

David said...

Carrying that cooler around ... ouch ! I'm impressed, i'd never have the patience or dedication to do that !

Keep it up Rebecca !

Ripx180 said...

I think going to grad school must take some serious dedication and determination. Seems to spill over into most of your life from what I have read. I made it through my undergrad and truthfully thats about all I got in me (i think). With as much as you have going on you've got to be organized :). I really like your exercise tracker you have on the top of your blog. First thing I look at when I log onto your page (got to see how far and fast Rebecca's running these days)

Rob Tucker said...

My sister-in-law just started grad school this week too, and I saw the stuff she had to go.

You're going strong, we're proud of you!

Rebecca said...

Thanks for the encouragement all.

David - I didn't exactly carry it around - it's in my car, which means that I have to go out to my car and eat one of my meals. What am I gonna do when winter hits?!

Rip - my speed seems to have slowed down of late, but that's ok i guess.

Marcol said...

Rebecca - Congrats on your first official day as a GRAD student. Sorry to hear about your sleeping troubles and your belly ache. Proud of you though for still running and moving on in your day inspite of the night.

Idea for your meals - there are those nylon coolers that look like messenger bags that are more convenient to carry and you could bring that around with you inconspicuously. And the cool thing about those are once youve eaten up whats inside the bag condenses in size making it even easier to carry by the end of your day. Hope this helps!