Friday, November 30, 2007

Seeing Is Believing

This week has been slightly tougher on my Get Shredded. The scale has not been moving like it did last week, and it makes it harder to be enthusiastic about this program. My first week, I dropped 1-2 pounds, sometimes more, sometimes less, daily. It slowed down, and I know it's normal, having looked at other people's blogs about their progress. I have said that if the scale stays the same, but my body composition changes, I would be happy. And I mean that, really I do. But I'm realizing that's easier said than done. Measurements weekly or bi-weekly are not as exciting or motivating as daily ever-decreasing weigh-ins. So much of this whole weight-loss thing is (as I think Marcol said) mind over matter. Knowing that something is working even when you can't see the results is not an easy thing to do.

Last night was a parent night at my school. There was pizza, soda, juice, cookies, the whole 9, and I couldn't have any of it. I felt so left out! It was actually surprising to me that I felt that way, but I was bored & hungry (bad combo!), and I think that's why. I have a couple of other events this month, so I will have to take some preventive measures. The good thing is that I know I wouldn't slip and eat a cookie, or a piece of pizza. That's not a slip to me, in this kind of situation. But it is challenging. I did end up eating a couple of yummy meatballs and a few bangin chicken wings, so I felt better. :)

6 comments:

Tea said...

YOU conquered the cookies! That is a grat accomplishment. This time of year is so difficult. One down and that shows how focused you are.

Rob Tucker said...

Yeah, those 'challenges' are hard to overcome when you're hungry. You did great though. As you said, it's not avoiding it that's so hard - but not having better alternatives there for you.

Great work, Rebecca.

Marcol said...

Tough week for Rebecca...ahhh come on :) I knew by the end of your post I'd read about how you overcame and conquered the tough beast and just like I suspected you pulled it off once again.

Dont let the slow scale worry you. With the program youre following keep up with your measurements, pictures and your clothe fittings and youll be sure to see how wonderfully youre body is actually transforming.

Youre in a totally different realm these days when it comes to transforming your body composition verses just losing weight. Im sure youre plenty of muscle and that those muscles are itching to pop for ya. Stick with it my friend, the reward to come will be well worth missing out on a few cookies and slices of pizza :)

Melissa said...

Hungry and bored, two of the worse combinations imo! And look at you conquering that. You go girl :)

Mind over matter is so right, its quite a hard task, but when we can remember that and believe it, it can help us in the end.

Jim McCoy said...

Nobody said it would be easy, and it never is, but if you keep facing down challenges like the one at conference night, you'll go a long way. Just keep doing the right thing, and you'll get there. Don't worry if you're not losing a pound or two a day, that's a freaking crazy rate of weight loss, and can be harmful over the long term. Faster might be more fun, but slower will keep you from starring in an After School Special.

Ripx180 said...

hungry and bored and you still didn't cave to temptation. You are obviously a "I will" person. nice work.