Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Home Stretch

Something has happened to me recently. I don't know exactly when, but I have gotten to the next phase of my fitness journey. The thing I enjoy about this transformation is that it's ever evolving. Phase I was lose a bunch of weight. Check. Phase II is sculpt - take the body that has appeared after 45 pounds, and shape it into what I want it to look like. Now, I look in the mirror and think 'ok, I can stay at this size, just with different composition'. That's quite a different place from where I was, even a month or two ago. I am still trying to lose 15 lbs, but I am open to the possibility that I may stay at this weight and lose body fat and build lean muscle. I actually have a plan that will take me pretty darn close to my 30th birthday, which is both exciting and intimidating. I have learned that I have what it takes to stick to a difficult plan, but losing weight has become a way of life over the past year. To think that it's almost over! OK, I have almost 4 months to go, but considering that I've gone through 14 months already, 4 is nothing. It's the homestretch people... But the body is not the end of the road, it's just a (very important) milestone along the way. I'm already looking for a half-marathon to run this spring, and who knows, maybe there's a triathlon in my future...

2 comments:

RunToTheFinish said...

I think after a period of losing weight it's very hard mentally to get to the point where you understand your weight may not change but your body can continue to look better, that is a great milestone!

Marcol said...

WOW, youve come so far...and to think you're not done yet. Not many people have the capacity that you do to realize its not all in the scale but rather in what you look like in the mirror. If you can stay where you are and still look hot with sexy abs, a bootilicious bootie and all the fixings then do it!

These next 4 months will fly by and when they're over you'll be grateful you put in all the hard work that you are.

Youre one planning sista...but I dont fault you for that...if you dont plan then you are planning to fail. In that case, success is always going to be on the horizon for you :)