Friday, November 16, 2007

The Rubber & The Road

I've been doing just fine in my quest to get shredded. I started on Tuesday, and I have dropped 5 lbs since then. Now, to be fully balanced, I started this quest about 7 lbs up from my lowest recent weigh-in as a result of my lax eating lately. So the 5 lbs that I have lost as of this morning is really re-lost weight. But it's dropped pretty fast, which is cool. Anyway, part of the challenge of this diet is that it eliminates my weekly cheating with a refeed every 14 days. I'm sure that I will appreciate the progress that this allows me to make over the next 6 weeks or so. But... I love my weekends! Monday thru Friday is the grind - most of my days are at least 12 hours of nonstop activity, between class, work, and/or homework. So, Friday through Sunday is a nice break. Have a few drinks, go out to eat, let go of the regimented eating. Relax, basically. So, not doing that, beginning with tonight, isn't just a challenge to my willpower, it's a challenge to my routine. It might be good - force me to find other ways to relax besides food & drink. Since I am making efforts to be better at 'self-care', this actually might help me along that journey. But the next few days is where the rubber meets the road. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck, lady. I admire your committment!

Kristen said...

Good luck, girlie! I'm in awe, as always.

Rob Tucker said...

The weekend has always been the rough spot for me.

You, however, are a machine. You're inspiring as hell.

RunToTheFinish said...

You are doing what it truly takes to reach your body goals that many of us only talk about, I have a feeling that knowledge and your general determination will get you through with flying colors.

Marcol said...

Im pretty confident the weekend wont have anything on you...as always youll show 'em who the boss is! Ride it out - you for one can definitely do this.