Monday, November 12, 2007

From Here to Thanksgiving

I spent a lot of time this weekend planning and preparing for my new diet. As some of you know, I usually eat a strict low to no carb, high protein diet during the week, and much more relaxed on the weekends. Lately I have not been as strict (hence, no weight loss), in part to prepare myself for this phase. This diet is a high fat (50%), low carb, high protein diet. It requires a cut in my caloric intake, and a lot of supplements, mainly fish oil. I'm not a fan of fish oil - it hurts my belly. But a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do, right? The real kicker, though, is that I have to eat the same way on the weekends, and I have a re-feed every 14 days. Thanksgiving will be my first re-feed, and then right back on the wagon for another 14 days. If I see decent results, I will follow this through to the end of the year. There was a time when I wouldn't have done something like this, but I guess I've grown.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Im curious to see how you feel doing this...and see the results. You have grown tremendously through your healthy journey, and the discipline you have...i bet your results will be nothing but stellar. Keep us posted!

Marcol said...

I know youre going to ROCK this thing OUT!!!! A strict diet wont have anything on you...your results are going to be outstanding. And ummm growth - what a wonderful thing :) I remember someone once said they would NEVER do a low carb diet ;)