Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Day 1

Today was the first day of 'Get Shredded'. It wasn't so bad actually. Lots of water, lots of fish oil, veggies and protein. Yum. Making the decision to follow this diet, for however long I choose, reminds me of what weight loss is all about. Choices. Sacrifice. Decisions. Do I love my egg nog, orange Sunkist, and cheat days? Yep. But you know what, I want to lose weight. And I haven't lost 45 pounds to give up now. Or even to slack, or take the easy way. I guess I just have a problem with claiming that I want something, but then not being willing to execute the accompanying, necessary action. I want it, so I'm gonna go get it. Maybe I will lost this 15 lbs by December 31, 2007, maybe I won't. But I'm damn sure going to try.

On another, less soapboxy note, I wore a skirt today, my first size 8 in a long time. And you know what? I had room! It didn't fit like it did when I first bought it, and although I'm not close to a size 6 yet, it was nice to have room in an 8. Although my friend did tell me that I look like a 6 the other day. That's why I pay her the big bucks. ;)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Size 8?? I'm so jealous! That's awesome, Rebecca.

There's definitely a lot of sacrifice involved, but the rewards are so worth it. That size 8 didn't come from eggnog! You're a machine...and truly and inspiration. Keep it up!! :)

kyle said...

Isn't that what friends are for?? I didn't think that your first paragraph was "soapboxy" at all. I think we all have thoughts like that. The reason that we became bigger than we wanted to be is because we didn't exercise restraint. Recognizing that and sacrificing the instant gratification is awfully tough, but it'll get you to where you want to go.

It seems like you've already been succeeding at it (down 45 lbs) so you don't need me to say good luck in "Getting Shreded"!!

Kristen said...

Shit, I've gotta really step it up now that you guys are catching up :) I'm so kidding. I know we're all different, and I'm beyond excited about your success. You're so dedicated...a true inspiration.

Race ya to the 6's?

Melissa said...

Congrats on the size 8. I have to say Im jelous as well. Ill get there soon though :)

Come December - I have no doubt Ill see a post that you have lost 15lbs and will be in a size 6 :)

Rob Tucker said...

Nice work, Rebecca. That's impressive as hell.

Damn - I think my ARM is a size six.

Ripx180 said...

yeah size 6 is HOT! You will nail it, you always do.

Marcol said...

A lot of us could stand to take a course in dedication from you. If you dont hit 15 lbs loss by December you sure the hell are giving it your all and cant nobody take that from you. I think you'll hit that 15 lbs loss and more if you so desire, youre a rockstar afterall.

Perhaps you are a 6, looks like you might want to test it out...thatll give you a reason to shop ;) Whatever you are, Im sure youre looking HOT!

swankywanker said...

Do you mind if I live vicariously through you for the next month or so? You're "Getting Shredded" while I'm getting soft. You're my hero.

Jay said...

congrats on the size 8.

I also like the sound of an exercise program called "get shredded"

Tea said...

AWESOME! I just love your dedication. You are just so realistic about your goals, and it shows inyour results.