Thursday, November 22, 2007

Strange Sightings

The gym was more crowded than I expected this morning. It was also more amusing. Among the strange things I saw...

1) a girl running on the treadmill at a high speed, holding on to the railing for dear life. why bother? just slow down...
2) a woman riding the bike talking on the phone... why?! you aren't working hard enough if you are smiling on the phone while exercising.
3) this guy in the weight room grunting like... well, just grunting very loudly. on every single exercise. ok, we know you're working hard, but can you contain it just a bit? this same man offered to spot me on my bench press. thanks, but no thanks.

I enjoyed my food today. Dinner was great. I only ate one serving, but I wasn't prepared to be hungry for actual food after my meal. But I had plenty to drink! I am notorious for my desire for drink. My family used to tell me that when I was little I would stand at the fridge and say 'TD!' when I wanted something to drink. There was also an accompanying hand motion. I still would rather drink my calories than eat them sometimes. Not good. But tasty. ;)

Tomorrow is back on the saddle. I lost a total of 8.6 lbs between last Tuesday and today. That number might be a little off, because TOM threw a monkey wrench into my weight loss this week. Hopefully the weight will balance itself out over the next 16 or so days. I was hoping for 9, so I came close. The majority of that was re-lost weight, but I am still pleased overall with my results. I am hoping that the next 6 weeks or so will produce the flat stomach that has eluded me for, um, pretty much my whole life. I have gotten somewhat tired of some of the food I've been eating (it's a bit repetitive), so I have to brainstorm some eats for the next cycle at least. I'm open to suggestions.

I hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving, hopefully at least some of it spent with loved ones.

6 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

Sounds like you had a good time - those faces at the gym crack me up. We all have them.

I've been that guy trying too hard on the treadmill back when I first started. Funny how far we've come :)

Jim McCoy said...

It sucks that I miss out on so much by not using a gym. It could be worse though I guess, at least my way is cheaper, even if I do have to worry about getting run over by cars.

Kristen said...

8.6 lbs is simply amazing at this point - even if some of it is just relost weight. I might have to take a closer look at your program soon.

Marcol said...

Yeah, these are strange sightings but unfortunately all too common. I want sometimes to just say to these folks (treadmill holding high speed/elevation) please just go home before you hurt yourself. And then they wonder why they look like the same bloated ballon 6 months later.

Sounds like youre rocking the "GSD" & your training program. I can only imagine what kind of hottie youre going to be in 6 weeks - not like youre not already hot or anything ;)

Jay said...

That's one of the reasons I hate the gym. Usually if you go early enough in the morning, you can avoid it.

Tea said...

the gym sightings certainly make the gym a little more interesting. And just wait until the begining of the year when everyone starts making new year's resolutions.

I just thought of something! Just WAIT for all those people to be looking at you thinking "Man, I wish I looked like that!"