Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Nothing Much to Say...

Well... it's been a while. My eating has been less than stellar as of late. I think this happens to me when I have decided in some way to crack down, or start some new diet regimen that's more restrictive than what I'm used to. I say 'well, I'm about to do [fill in the blank with fun diet plan here], so I can afford to relax a little bit'. I've done it a couple of times during this journey. Perhaps had I not, I'd be finished with my 60 lbs instead of gearing up for the last 15 lbs. Oh well... however long it takes me to get rid of it, I don't expect that I will ever, ever, have to take it off again. But at some point, I really have to buckle down if I'm serious about the body that I want to have by my 30th birthday.

On another note, it's almost time for me to increase my weight. That's a good feeling. The same workout that kicked my ass (hard) two weeks ago is still challenging, but not to the same extent.

Funny story: I went to get water jugs with my co-workers. The janitor told one of them, who's extremely thin, that she can't lift it cuz she's too skinny. He looked at me and said 'I know you can do it. You're healthy and strong'. That's what I'm talking about... ;)

7 comments:

Kristen said...

What a NICE compliment. healthy and strong...

I'm glad that's what we want here...instead of just boring skinny.

Rob Tucker said...

I'm a bit concerned about the Coalition in general for this exact reason.

I think we're getting more passive and I think that leads to 'not as hard working'. I may be totally off, but I'm with you - it's been easing up lately, and I know that if I had my foot on the pedal the past few months, I'd be in a much better spot.

Just keep posting, working hard and reporting in - ESPECIALLY during this time of year. If we don't aim for the target, we miss our mark.

Hang in there :)

Jim McCoy said...

That is a nice compliment. Lord knows I've slowed down myself lately (I was walking 5-6 miles a day, lately I've been doing 2-3) but just keep at it. Rule number 1: Always do SOMETHING. That'll get you there.

RunToTheFinish said...

It's interesting how my eating plan has gone off and on over the journey of losing weight...it seems though when I get back on, things start to happen again. Even if I was only off for a few days or a week...you're doing awesome.

Anonymous said...

That is a nice compliment! I've been slipping on the eating discipline thing a bit, too, which isn't good with the 10K just two weeks away. But I've gotten my self together the past few days.

Tea said...

I love his comment! That's great...I'm so glad you have so many people to provide positive reinforcement...even when they don't realize it.

Melissa said...

What an awesome compliment. I cant wait till I get that one. :) We slow down from time to time(thats life right?), but I know how dedicated you are and have no doubt your natural rhythm will return.