Monday, October 29, 2007

TGIHRS

It was so cold this morning, all I could think was 'thank God I have a remote starter!' (TGIHRS). I knew it was going to be cold, so I bundled up for my run. Or so I thought. Almost as soon as I set foot outside, I had to invoke the goddess of Colorado (Tea), and remember the runs she's talked about, facing brutal wind & cold. It worked. Kinda. I was so miserable, I felt like my face was gonna freeze off, not to mention my fingers. Everything else was ok. I thought I was running really slowly, but it turns out that my time was pretty much on target for my tempo run. That's pretty good. I made it, which is really the most important issue.

It's past my bedtime, but I just had to vent about my miserable run. I was hoping to hold off on moving my tempo run inside, to the treadmill, because I find running for an hour on the treadmill extremely boring. Particularly early in the morning, when TV is not very distracting. But after today... the treadmill is looking better & better!

9 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

Definitely starting to get to that point of the year where we have to prepare more for our outdoor workouts. The fact that you're out there fighting the elements says a ton about you. Good work!

Kristen said...

Sorry - nothing to do with the content of this post, but...

I think it's time for a full body pic - or any pic for that matter. Unveil thyself :)

Marcol said...

Sorry to hear your run wasnt as HOT ;) as you'd like for it to have been...thank God you at least have another option thats provides warmth.. An hour on the treadmill does sound a little daunting in the early morning hours or any time for that matter but hook your mp3 player up with some good tunes and youll survive. Good for you on being on target with your tempo run inspite of the elements.

As for the remote starter, lucky you :)

Jim McCoy said...

I hear you on the treadmill. I just wish I had one.

Melissa said...

I miss my remote starter :( Boohoo!

And Im defintely fearing the winter weather that is coming, and hope I can stick it out!

Jay said...

Agree with Kristen!

Anonymous said...

I admire anyone who can run in treadmills. It drives me nuts! I miss running in the cold, though. Builds endurance. And character, lol.

Anonymous said...

Hey there. FYI, you've been tagged, so check my blog when you can. :)

Anonymous said...

I've been CRAVING the tread now that it's getting colder. And it's not even that bad yet. Hey, great job running despite the cold temps. It sucked, but you did it. If I could pat you on the back, I would! :)