Sunday, October 28, 2007

Kick Ass

The geniuses who came up with Fat Loss III in New Rules of Lifting... I don't like them today. For whatever reason, my workout really, really kicked my ass. I think it's the combo of 4 sets of 10 superset exercises (front squat, step-up, underhand lat pulldown and push-press), followed by 2 sets of 20 (regular squat, wide-grip pulldown, step-ups, and military press). Man, that last set of exercises is exhausting. Walking out of the gym I still felt like I just needed to siddown somewhere. After that workout, I tried to do an unassisted pull-up, and guess what? I did one! Woo hoo! I think if I had done it at the beginning rather than the end it would have been easier, but it was still fulfilling nonetheless. Thanks to my workout buddy for pushing me to do it!

This whole weight loss thing is interesting. Last week my weight didn't go down as fast as it normally does. I felt a little discouraged, and then one morning I got on the scale and was down 3 pounds. It just reminded me to keep doing the right thing (reminds me of many of Rob's blogs), because you never know when you're gonna get a breakthrough of sorts. I'd rather my weight not budge and I have to wonder why, than know why - cuz I ate a bunch of sh*t. However, I am going to start a new diet in a couple of weeks to try to get rid of this last 15 lbs by the end of the year. Then, between January 1 and March 29, it's gonna be all about taking it to the next level and focusing on getting the definition that I want. Although my weight is not behaving like I want it to, I still lost 1/2 inch from my thighs and 1/2" from my waist in a week. The same week that I gained weight. I'll take it!

9 comments:

Kristen said...

You know that it's more about inches than pounds. You're doing so well. It's gotta feel good to know that you only 15 more pounds to go!

RunToTheFinish said...

It is amazing how some weeks you do all the right things and nothing changes...but having the mind set of sticking to it pays off.

Man an unassisted pull up... I'm really jealous.

swankywanker said...

Oooh look out, the Do Gooders are still in it! I definitely picked the right partner in crime. Wicked proud of you. Feeling better, I presume?

Rebecca said...

Yeah swank, pretty much. My gym missed me, after all. :)

Kristen, only 15 lbs to go does feel good, but I know it's going to require just as much work as the first 45!

Marcol said...

Nothing like a good ass whooping every know and again - sounds like Fat Loss III did just that. I dont know whether to say sorry or say glad to hear it. Either way, you got it done and with enough strength to do an unassisted pull-up. WHAT!!! Youve got some strength Girl! I wonder how many you could actually do if you did them "before" that grueling training session you just told us about.

Youve come so far - Im impressed and inspired everyday by you and what you get done.

OK - 1/2 inch from waist and thighs in a week - thats nothing shy of AWESOME! Youll get free of those 15 and theres no doubt in my mind by March 29 youll be rockin' the Serena body. Again, youre impressive!

CCP said...

Way to go girl!

Tea said...

supersets are brutal.

you are FABULOUS, dahling, FABULOUS!

Jay said...

Nice job! A pull-up is a good benchmark of progress.

Melissa said...

You did a unassisted pull up at the end of that workout. You are a rockstar :)