Sunday, November 25, 2007

Getting The Hang of It

Today I realized that I'm getting into the swing of this diet. At first I felt that I was really limited in what I could eat. But I'm starting to realize that I can eat more than I expected. See, I have a fear of getting sick of food. I am concerned that in 6 weeks I will be so sick of eating according to plan that I will fall off the wagon or just dread mealtimes. So I'm glad that I'm figuring out that there is more food available to me, I just have to combine it with the right food and eat it in the right portion. Piece of cake! ;)

Today I squatted 160 lbs... for those of you who have been paying attention, that's more than my current body weight! Yay! That makes me feel pretty strong. And my Thanksgiving weight is almost down - I'm 1 lb away from where I was on Thanksgiving morning, so I will have pretty much the entire 14 days in front of me to lose some new pounds.

It's hard to believe, but the 1st semester of grad school is almost over. The next 4 weeks are chock full of papers, presentations, reading, and exams. It's gonna be a lot of work, but then I will have 3 weeks off to catch up on my sleep. I've definitely gotten some good sleep over the past few days, and it was delicious. Happy Monday everybody!

10 comments:

RunToTheFinish said...

piece of cake, now isn't that quite the pun to use in how you are treating this new diet.

Jim McCoy said...

Keep up the good work. You know you've got it going on, now just stay consistent.

Ripx180 said...

Glad the new diet is working well for you. The last time I did a low carb diet I got so sick of eating the same stuff. So I just wouldn't eat as much which in turn made me loose weight. I just need to get to the point were I see food as fuel and nothing more. Thats really hard though. Anyway glad things are going well for you.

Rob Tucker said...

Nice, 160's nothing to shake your head at. When you're able to lift weight over your own weight, that makes you one bad mamma jamma.

Marcol said...

You know Rebecca, I like how you think. Instead of you seeing limitations with your eating youre seeing possibilities instead. I think more of us need to take this approach and we'd perhaps get further and get it done like you seem to always do.

Squatting 160 lbs - get the fu** outta here! I think Beck used to call you a beast...she was right :)

Since September youve undertaken so many endeavors and knocked 'em out the box! School, weight loss, lifting gains, nutrition and so much more... Youve done it! You ought to be proud, YOU deserve to be!!!

Anonymous said...

nice job! i don't think i can squat anything significant! and happy monday to you, too.

Anonymous said...

Keep on movin, as the now defunct group Soul II Soul used to say! Nice job on the workouts. You are so dedicated.

Jay said...

160 lbs is nice! The fact that it's more than your bw is really nice!

Melissa said...

Damn girl...160lbs. I have just looked at you in a whole new higher level now. :)

Anonymous said...

There's definately a great deal to find out about this issue. I really like all the points you have made.

my web page: sportsbet