Saturday, November 17, 2007

50%

My weekend is pretty much halfway over. Today wasn't too bad actually. Probably my most non-productive Saturday since school started. It actually felt kinda nice. I got a massage this afternoon, which was great, even though I'm actually a bit sore. But I feel better.

Tomorrow will be my first day at the gym in 2 weeks. I'm looking forward to it, although I have enjoyed the extra couple of hours of sleep I've gotten this week. Once I start this program (hypertrophy), no time off for 8 or so weeks. But that's cool. The program will be interesting. The number of sets/reps changes every workout. I guess it's supposed to build muscle. Hopefully, the combination of exercise and diet will help get me a few steps closer to the defined body that I am striving for.

Someone told me that I need to give 'self-care' the same level of priority that I give working out. Hmmm... I know I don't get enough sleep. Somewhere in the back of my mind is this idea that I can do with less. So I may plan to get 7 to 8 hours of sleep, and then end up getting 6 or so because I know that I will be ok with 6 hours. I certainly don't give sleep the priority I should. I don't relax enough, I'm too hard on myself, and I'm sure the list goes on. Bottom line: I need to take better care of myself.

4 comments:

swankywanker said...

Yes, do take good care of you. Especially when you're pushing as hard as I know you're pushing, both in school and at the gym. One sick FAT member is enough.

How much time do you have off this week for T-Giving? I have Thurs and Fri off. Hello four-day-weekend!

RunToTheFinish said...

I don't think I'm strict enough to follow exactly what you are doing, but I am ready to get things back on course. Would you mind posting an example of what your meal plan is?

Marcol said...

Please do take better care of yourself...success in school and your exercise greatly depends on it and its just a good thing to do anyway. I want you healthy, happy and sane.

Great work on making through 50% of the weekend. How'd did today go? What about the gym?

Rebecca said...

Amanda, basically I'm eating about 1550 calories. 55% fat, 35% protein and 10% carbs. The fat is supposed to be mostly good fat. The point is (in my own words) that you lose a lot of fat, but it's really supposed to be for people who have 20% Body fat or less. I got it from John Berardi - precision nutrition. It's not a long-term diet, I will probably do it till the end of the year only. It definitely requires strict adherence, and willingness to eat a repetitive diet. But the precision nutrition plan is more reasonable and less strict, check it out - precisionnutrition.com.