Sunday, November 11, 2007

Uh Oh...

So, I was in the supermarket yesterday, and I happened upon... egg nog! Oh no! I love egg nog. Especially vanilla egg nog by Hood. Yummy. I am going to have to exercise some willpower this season. Did I mention that I love egg nog? Just checking...

This week is a week off weight lifting for me. Cardio only. I am also supposed to start a new diet, which I am hoping to ride into 2008, 15 lbs lighter. We'll see. On the one hand, I'm excited to see how effective it is. On the other hand, it's a little intimidating, because it requires quite a bit of detailed calculation, which just is not my thing. At all. Thankfully I've had help with that. It is going to mean a lot of meal repetition, no flexibility, no eating out, but I really just need to go ahead and suck it up. I have learned that I have the capacity to do what it takes to get it done, and I'm proud of that. But it doesn't mean that I have to like it. But... I will like the results, and that's what matters.

I saw a friend this weekend that I haven't seen in a while. Seeing her, in part because she's so complimentary and encouraging, reminded me of what I've accomplished over the past year. Not only have I lost the 40 lbs that I gained during a hellish time in my life, I've gone beyond that. And it's not over yet.

Of course, there are also other things I've accomplished and am accomplishing, like school, which is really something like a dream come true for me. But anyway, seeing her motivated me in some weird way to go ahead and finish this thing out. Rock it out, bang it out, get it done, whatever you want to call it. I'm proud of what I've done, but I still have 15 lbs to go, and I'm really ready to take it all off.

5 comments:

Ripx180 said...

I love eggnog too :) They have a pumpkin flavored variety at our local super market. My parents bought some of it and I got to try it. Very good but I am glad its not in my fridge cause all I would want to do is drink it. Good luck with the diet, I am sure you will rock it, you always do.

Tea said...

I'm with you on the eggnog.

I was at the gym the other day, and I was picking up one of those 45lb plates. I thought of you. WOW! You've lost so much weight. It's just incredible.

Before you know it, keeping track of all the details will become second nature. Are you using one of those software packages like fitday.com?

Rob Tucker said...

Yup, can't think of a worse thing for you than eggnog, but it's so damned good.

Just keep working it out, you've been a machine, no reason to stop now.

Marcol said...

Riding into 2008 15 lbs lighter, Im sure will make one happy Rebecca. You can do this, just look back at everything else youve accomplished. No need to feel intimidated like you said you DO have the capacity to do what it takes to get it done and we'll all proudly watch and cheer you on as you DO IT!

BTW, Im so proud of you for every accomplishment youve made. It hasnt been easy but youve done it and have done it well I might add :)

Melissa said...

I think Im the only one that doesnt like eggnog..but I think thats due to being traumatized as a kid. You want me to drink eggs?! I always thought of drinking yolk. lol I dont know if I truly hate it...maybe Ill try it this year.

I see those 15 pounds coming off very soon :)